Question about HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The first printer I got gave paper carriage jam error and the HP support line could not solve the problem and set a replacement printer. The new printer has only printed 50 some copies and there have been 5 paper jam error messages but not once has there been a jammed paper. I have followed the instructions to correct this problem but it will not stop. The printer goes through the printer check mode and takes forever. Today it happened in the middle of a fax coming in! Any suggestions?
The rollers should be cleaned if the paper fails to feed smoothly into the unit. All document and media rollers should be cleaned using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water.
1. The unit must be powered down and the power cord unplugged before cleaning the rollers. This will allow the rollers to be turned by hand in most cases. The paper should also be removed before cleaning the rollers.
2. Remove the rear access door to access the rollers. Clean any dust and debris from the rollers.
3. Open the unit and check the four small metal paper rollers (not the rubber rollers) in the interior of the unit. They should be clean and move freely. If these are not bright and shinny or have buildup on them, they should be cleaned. Also clean any dust and debris off of the rubber rollers.
4. Close the unit and reattach the rear access door.
5. Plug the power cord back in and power the unit up. It should reinitialize for about 20 seconds.
6. Print another extended self-test page.
==== Partial Reset ====
Press and hold # and 3 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
Note: For models that are not fax capable, press Plus (+) instead of #.
==== Semi Full Reset ====
Press and hold # and 6 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
NOTE: For models that are not fax capable, press plus (+) instead of #.
==== NVM RAM Reset ====
Press and hold OK and Cancel button while plugging in the power cord
Posted on May 19, 2009
Printer tells me that ink cartrigde is empty and i must chage cartridge so i did but it tell me the same thing, how can i reset or get this once on
Posted on Dec 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 20, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
May 09, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 13, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 02, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 02, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 03, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 28, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
1,262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!