- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
U might have a thermal issue or better still, a false overheating signal being generated. If you have one of those small 8 inch desk fans, put it on full blast and give the unit the mother of all blow jobs while turned on to see if it shuts off. If it still shuts off something else is wrong. If it continues to work then ........................
The first may be due to overheating. Most projectors have a "air filter" that can be removed and cleaned. If it gets clogged with dust over time, the projector can't breathe and shuts down.
The second cause may be your lamps life hour clock. Most projectors keep track of the amount of time that their bulbs have been active. Once a preset # of hours has passed the projector will limit functionality until a new bulb has been installed AND the lamp life clock reset. Most projectors do not automatically reset the lamp life clock after a new bulb is inserted.
There should be instructions on how to reset the lamp clock in your users manual, and info on cleaning the air filter. Unfortunately I went to the Sanyo website and was unsuccessful in locating a PDF of the user manual for you.
firdt off, did you reset the lamp counter? did you clean the dust out of the projector? it may be overheating as well. if the lamp looks ok, you may have just blown the ballast. try projector doctor online.
REACH BEHIND HEAD LIGHT ASSEMBLY.ROTATE THE SEALING COVER COUNTERCLOCKWISE TO REMOVE IT FROM THE HEAD LIGHT HOUSING.REMOVE THE BULB LOCKING SPRING. DISCONNECT THE BULB ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR.PULL STRAIGHT OUT ON THE BULB TO REMOVE IT.BY BULBS BEING HALOGEN.DONT TOUCH WITH BARE HANDS. OIL FROM HANDS WILL CAUSE BULB TO BLOW BY OVERHEATING.HANDLE BULBS WITH CLEAN GLOVES OR NEW CLOTH GLOVES.
I have a HP VP6111 projector that works fine on a table top but overheats ( overheating ) when turned upside down and hung from my ceiling. My solution...I went to Circuit City and bought two 80mm computer fans. I also purchased a 12V power supply from Radio Shack. I put one fan on front of my projector and the other on the back of the projector and wired them into the 12V power supply. I mounted both fans with velcro. The front fan pushes air and the rear fan pulls air. The projector now runs fine without shutting off. The fans are 12V and push 34 cubic feet per minute of air. I am very happy with this solution.