You will need to manually install the latest software update for your device in order to resume normal functionality.
To get the correct software for your device and for more information, go here -> Critical Software Update for Kindle Readers
To manually download and install the latest software update:
- Turn your Kindle on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
- Drag and drop the software update file from your computer into the Kindle drive. Important: Do not drop the software update file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.
- Monitor the file transfer. After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect it from your computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
- On your Kindle, start the software update:
- From the Home screen, select or tap the Menu icon, and then select Settings.
- Select or tap the Menu icon again, and then select Update Your Kindle.Note: This option will be greyed out if the most recent update was already installed or if the file transfer was not successful.
- Tap OK to perform the update.Note: Your Kindle may restart multiple times during the update. Your may also see Your Kindle is Updating on the screen.
Once the update is complete, your Kindle should automatically restart and you should once again have access to the Cloud, the Kindle Store, and other Kindle services on your device.