Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
The tub fills with water overnight when the machine is off. The machine works fine otherwise, and only does this occasionally. What is going on?
You either have a water inlet valve that is leaking by and filling the tub slowly overnight. Or, you may have a siphoning issue that is causing water to be back fed from the drain line. Here's how to determine:
Shut your water taps off when not in use and monitor for several days. If the tub remains dry, then you know you have a water SOURCE problem. If the water fills the tub with the water taps turned off, you have a DRAIN problem.
If you need to replace the water inlet valve, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the water taps and UNPLUG the washer.
2. Remove the water inlet hoses from the back of the washer.
3. Remove the top panel of the washer by removing the three screws that hold the panel in place in the rear of the washer. With the screws removed, the panel will slide back, then off.
4. The water inlet valve is located in the left rear of the washer (as viewed from the front). Remove the dispenser hoses from the inlet valve and the electrical connections.
5. Remove the mounting screws that hold the valve in place and it will come out of the machine.
6. Reinstall new valve in the reverse order of the steps I provided to you.
If you believe you may have a siphoning problem, the following link explains what siphoning is and how to correct it:
If you have any questions about any of the information I provided, or if you need assistance in locating parts, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on May 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2014 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 13, 2012 | Roper RAS8445KQ Top Load Washer
Oct 03, 2011 | Frigidaire GLWS1349A Top Load Washer
Apr 27, 2011 | Washing Machines
Nov 30, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 28, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 26, 2010 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDS01FLSS Built-In...
Oct 10, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 02, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 20, 2007 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: