Error message F50
F50 means that the Rotation Position Sensor doesn't sense any movement from the motor.
This test checks the wiring to the motor and rotor position sensor; and the motor and rotor position sensor themselves.
NOTE: Drain water from tub.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check to see if basket will turn freely.If basket turns freely, go to step 3. If basket does not turn freely, determine what is causing the
mechanical friction or lock up.
3. Remove the console to access the machine/motor control assembly.
4. Visually check that the P5 and P10 connectors are inserted all the way into the machine/motor control.
If visual checks pass, go to step 5.
If visual checks fail, reconnect P5 and P10.
5. With an ohmmeter, check for 16 ohms resistance at the P5 connector between pins P5-1 and P5-2, and also between pins P5-1 and P5-3.Also measure the resistance at the P10 connector between pins P10-1and P10-7 and verify that the resistance is within the range.
If the P5 connector resistance is much higher than 16 ohms, or the P10 connector resistance is out of range.
6. Tilt machine forward to access the bottom of the machine and the drive motor area. Remove the motor bolt, then the motor cover to access the motor connections.
7. Visually check the mounting bracket and electrical connections to the motor and rotor position sensor board. If visual check fails,reconnect the electrical connections, reassemble stator and motor cover.
8. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P10 machine/motor control connector and the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) connector.If there is no continuity,replace the lower machine harness.
9. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P5 machine/motor control connector and the drive motor connector.If there is continuity, replace the drive motor.If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
10. The drive motor and lower harness are good. Replace the motor RPS board and perform the Diagnostics test.
11. If the Diagnostics motor failed, then the machine/motor control has failed:
Unplug the washer or disconnect power.Replace the machine/motor control assembly.
Thank you !!
Jun 17, 2010 |
Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...