Question about Viking VMOC205SS Microwave Oven
The heating components of a microwave r the diode, magnetron, and transformer. checking a unit plugged in can be dangerous seeing there is about 5000 volts from the step up transformer. if you have a amp probe you can check the amps at the wires powering the transformer. if you have less than 12 amps, and 110 volts at primary side of transformer change the magnetron and diode
Posted on May 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 12, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Feb 25, 2011 | Viking VMOC205SS Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
simple safety test.
Place 1/2 litre of water in a glass container. Measure the temperature of the water.
Place in microwave and heat on full power for 1minute.
Measure the temperature after it has stood for 1minute.
If the temperature difference is more than 9 degrees Celcuis the magnetron is working and producing about 700Watts of heat.
If your microwave is labelled with 900 or 1000Watts. That is about right.
If the temperature is less then the magnetron is not working properly and may need replacing.
This a only a rough guide and any doubts you should consult an authorised service agent.
Jan 24, 2011 | Viking VMOC205SS Microwave Oven
Feb 12, 2010 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Jan 05, 2010 | Viking VMOC205SS Microwave Oven
Sep 17, 2009 | Viking VMOC205SS Microwave Oven
1,013 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: