Question about Lexmark C533DN InkJet Printer
The error 1203 error message on the operator panel could indicate a problem with one of the ink cartridges. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Please make sure the All-In-One is powered on.
2. Pull the control panel towards you, and then open the cartridge access door. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position.
3. Pull the old cartridges towards you, and then lift them out.
4. With the cartridges out of the printer, shut the access door and the control panel.
5. Power the printer OFF and then back ON.
6. Please check the operator panel to see if the same error has returned or if a new message has appeared.
7. If the message displayed is 1203, there is something wrong with the printer hardware.
If the message now displaying is Cartridge Missing, do the following:
1. Reinstall the cartridges into the printer.
2. Insert the color cartridge in the left carrier. Insert the black cartridge in the right carrier.
3. Push back firmly on the cartridges until they snap securely into place.
4. Close the cartridge access door, and then close the control panel.
5. If the 1203 message is still present on the operator panel, you need to insert one cartridge at a time to determine which cartridge is producing the failure.
6. With one cartridge in the carrier, close the access door and control panel.
7. Please check the operator panel. If the 1203 error is displayed, this cartridge is the defective item. If the Cartridge Missing message is displayed, the second cartridge is producing the failure.
8. Please replace the defective cartridge.
Posted on May 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2010 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Dell 966 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 15, 2009 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 12, 2009 | Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 22, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Jul 26, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 04, 2009 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Apr 13, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 01, 2011 | Lexmark C533DN InkJet Printer
195 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: