Question about Briggs & Stratton Lawn-Boy Insight Series 21-Inch 190cc 650 Series Gas Powered Engine Variable Speed Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is an easy one. You need a #2 phillips screwdriver, a 1/4" nutdriver or socket, a 5/16" nutdriver or socket, 84" of #4.5 braided nylon rope, scissors and a lighter or flame of some kind.
1. With the #2 phillips screwdriver, remove the 2 screws that hold the green plastic cover to the top of the engine. This is just a decorative cover.
2. With the 5/16 nutdriver, remove the 3 screws in the top of the fuel tank. Lift the tank straight up about 3/4" and then just lay it back on the rear of the mower deck.
3. The round black object on top of the motor is the starter houseing. You will find it being held on with 2 screws from the side. The 1/4 nutdriver should fit these. Remove them, and note the position of each screw and the position of the starter top. It might help to put some colored tape on the starter top and on the upper engine shroud to make sure you put it back in the same position. The starter top will come off by lifting it straight up.
4. Remove what is left of the old rope.
5. carefully wind the inner pulley (the same direction the rope will pull it) until it is tight. Then let it rotate back a little until the rope hole in the pulley lines up with the rope hole in the starter top. Use your screwdriver to hold these in place by putting it through the pulley and starter top vent holes.
6. Measure your rope out to 84inches and then cut it. Take the lighter and melt the ends of the rope to keep them from ravelling. When you melt the ends, take a paper towel or a rag and wipe the ends to form a point. This will make reinstall easier.
7. Push the rope throught the eyelet of the starter top and through the hole in the pulley and tie a figure 8 knot on the inside of the pulley. Tie the starter handle on the other end. but do not tighten this knot, you may have to untie it to lace it back through to where it goes.
8.. Hold tension on the rope and remove the screwdriver. The rope should retract into the starter top.
9.Reinstall everything in reverse order.
Posted on Nov 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2014 | Garden
Oct 09, 2013 | Garden
May 02, 2013 | Tecumseh Garden
Mar 22, 2011 | Tecumseh Horizontal Tiller Engine 8 Hp, 1"...
Mar 03, 2010 | Garden
Nov 19, 2009 | Mtd Garden
Aug 29, 2009 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Jun 07, 2009 | Tecumseh Lawn Boy Push Mowers Insight...
May 09, 2009 | Garden
Jan 13, 2009 | Vacuums
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: