Question about Giottos Photography

Open Question

Repair latch I have a Giottos nProfessional Video / Photo tripod, HD-124. The latch that secures the camera in place has broken - I can still use the jagged stub but of course this is a pain in the neck. Is it possible to repair or replace?

Posted by Anonymous on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: Solidex camcorder tripods

OKAY!! Thanks to the reply of "Baldwink", I was able to locate the product he suggested here in the U.S. from several dealers. This is the plate that mounts to the camera and allows easy removal/attachment to the tripod.

For the Solidex VT-90 tripod (the one I have and may fit others), order the Cullman CU-40470 Quick Release Plate. This is also described as the "Cullman Medium Quick Release 42mm" plate.

If you don't have the VT-90, measure the shoe plate area on top and remember that there will be at least one beveled (angled) area. Mine measured exactly 42mm square, so I am confident that the Cullman plate will fit. Also, the standard thread size for camera mounting is 1/4", but there are some cameras that use 3/8", so you might want to double check your camera for this spec.

I googled "cullman 40470 quick release" and found several U.S. dealers. The best price was from at $14 plus $5 ground shipping. Some dealers want as much as $33.

After nearly 20 years, I can use my Solidex VT-90 again!

Posted on Jan 07, 2009

  • 5 Answers

SOURCE: lost camera mount

The original part is no longer available from Vivitar. A nearly exact substitute can be found at

Posted on Jan 31, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: opteka tripod quick release replacement

I was looking for the same and found it on Opteka's site.

Posted on Nov 21, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Vanguard VT-114 (1993) tripod broken leg latches

Call Vanguard. They're sending me the lower latch and a foot free.

Posted on Jul 08, 2010

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: I have a velbon Victory 460Q tripod with a PH-252Q


Posted on Mar 09, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I live in Spain.I have a Giotto tripod VT-806 and have lost the top camera mount and screw. Do you know where I can get one.

Take your tripod to a Giotto dealer, or go to and order a replacement quick-mount camera plate. While you're at it, buy a spare!

Aug 27, 2016 | Giottos (VT806) Tripod

1 Answer

Can I get parts for a damaged tripod

Contact the importer or manufacturer, telling them the exact make and model number, plus a full description of the problem, with photos if possible. Alternatively, take it to a nearby camera shop or repair facility.

Jun 23, 2016 | Giottos Mtl9351b Mh5011 3-way Head Tripod...

1 Answer

I have a giottos MTL 8360B tripod and I have lost one of the bolts/screws that clamps the centre column. Does anyone know how/where to order replacement parts? Thanks

Best to contact closest Giottos support or distribution centre in your country. Check this site. maybe first try your local camera shop.


Look like it may be a very old model as it is not showing up in the current product lists.

Sep 12, 2014 | Photography

1 Answer


-If you need to order repair parts for your Giottos MG8240b tripod..., (vs accessories such as camera plates)..., I would suggest that you use the following link to contact the Giottos distributor in your country. They should be able to supply you with parts diagrams, this will allow you to provide them with the info to get your tripod up and running again.
-Hope this helps.

Aug 25, 2014 | Giottos Photography

1 Answer

GIOTTOS tripod centre column require clamp to hold the column secure

That will depend upon which model and what is damaged/worn/broken. Without more info there is no help. you can send the tripod to:

197 East Saint John St
Spartanburg,SC 29306

We can give you an estimate to repair after we find out what model/ what part you may need. Generally repairs are $ 25 + Parts + return shipping.

Nov 23, 2012 | Giottos Photography

1 Answer

It looks like a MT8170 tripod. The screw that holds the head broke. I am unable to get a secure hold on either screw to disengage the screw from the head and the tripod rod.

Send the tripod to:

Spartan Photo Center
197 east saint john st
Spartanburg SC 29306

Repairs are 425 + parts + return shipping. Just depends upon which parts you will need at this point.

Nov 02, 2012 | Giottos Photography

1 Answer

Giotto Aluminum Tripod # 9160 - legs sticking - took legs apart, cleaned but did not lubricate - still sticking.

Call us at 800 735-4373 regarding serving Giottos tripods and for our address to get this properly repaired. It does not need lubrication.

Apr 27, 2011 | Giottos Photography

1 Answer

I'm An Owner Of The Giottos IK124 IK124 Bazooka Digital Video Tripod with 3Way FluidEffect Head.. Recently One Of The Tripod Leg Clip Broke. . Is There Anything I Can Do About It To Fix It Or Buy A Spare...

Call us at 800 735-4373 regarding service on Giottos tripods. The legs are not repairable by the owner and probably not by us. Or you can send it to us at. HP Marketing Corp. PO Box 715 16 Chapin Rd. Unit 908 Pine Brook, NJ 07058 800-735-4373

Apr 20, 2011 | Giottos IK124 IK124 Bazooka Digital Video...

1 Answer

I have a Giottos (VT806) Tripod and one of the centre stays has broken. Where can I get a replacement?

If you are in the USA call 800 735-4373. You will probably have to send the tripod in but they will direct you. The VT 806 is being discontinued and replaced by the HD444

Dec 25, 2010 | Giottos (VT806) Tripod

1 Answer

Giottos VT 806 tripod

The long pan handle tightens and loosens front to back moves. Are you using it? If you are in the USA and need help call us at 800 735-4373

Mar 21, 2008 | Giottos (VT806) Tripod

Not finding what you are looking for?
Photography Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Giottos Photography Experts

Alcolu John
Alcolu John

Level 1 Expert

42 Answers

Tony Parsons
Tony Parsons

Level 3 Expert

4870 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Are you a Giottos Photography Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides