Question about Bosch Washing Machines
I have a Bosch Visions 500 front loading washing machine, it has power, the door will not lock nor will the washer start, need help!!
Check first the thing on your door moves ok this the bit that locks in if ok then it may be your door lock
Posted on Dec 29, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This has happened to me twice. Both times I found the drain pump seized up with
1st time) The right rim from a pair of reading glasses
2nd time) A plastic toothpick
Both times the object was in the discharge port of the pump. You can see this by lifting the check valve with the pump removed. Removing the pump is simple. Unplug the washer. You have to remove the drain line from where its attached to the rear of the machine (one screw) to remove the rear access panel which slides into upper and lower slots. You will see the pump with an inlet and discharge line attached. The lines have simple squeeze clamps. When you remove the lines, you will drain the wash basin so have towels and a squeegie handy. Remove both lines and wait until the basin drains. When it stops draining remove the pumps electrical connector by squeezing the release catch on it while pulling it. The connector can only go on one way. Remove the 3 hold-down bolts on the pump baseplate. Remove the pump and lift open the discharge check valve and you'll find something there I guarantee it. Remove with needle nose pliers and re-assemble in reverse order.
This is actually a good design because the computer protects the pump by sensing a higher than normal current draw when foreign debris gets jammed in it. It will trigger the ND (No Drain) code and sometimes lock the door. Always check this first before you call the expensive repair man. If its not a jammed pump it will most likely be the control panel/processor. Good luck and always clean out pockets before loading the washer to prevent this,
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
First clean around the rubber with some mould and mildew cleaner for bathrooms - available from most supermarkets.
This is a natural accumulation of waste detergent, fabric softener, fibres and dirt build up that is being attacked by bacteria and eventually decomposes into a sludge / goo and then eventually starts smelling bad as well.
To keep the machine clean of waste build up and to keep any bad odours away:
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
7. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
SOURCE: Hi, my front loader washing
Hello, welcome to FixYa.
The Key symbol means the lock has been activated some how.
On most bosch of your class this is how you work it on & off.
Here`s how to deactivate it...
1) Press the "menu" button until you see "CHILD LOCK :ON" appear in the display. ( if nothing is pressed within 10 sec.following this the menu will close and it will default to program in the display )
2) Once you see what I just mentioned in the display press the "select" button until "CHILD LOCK :OFF" appears in the display.
3) Finally by pressing the "start/pause" button the key symbol should disappear confirming you have successfully exited the child lock program.
Let me know if this was helpful to you or not, if so please take a second and rate it accordingly.
Thank you for visiting "fixya" for your washer solution inquiry.
good luck going forward.
Posted on Dec 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2016 | Bosch Vision 500 Series Front-Load Washing...
Jan 12, 2016 | Bosch Logixx WAS2446 Front Load Washer
Oct 14, 2015 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
Jul 07, 2014 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
Feb 05, 2014 | Bosch Vision 500 Series Front-Load Washing...
A code E27 means a problem with the door lock. Try
unpluging the machine for an hour and see if it resets the lock.
If not remove the cover on the lower right
corner you will see a white plastic pull cord. Pull the cord and pull open the
door. If that doesn't reset the door lock you will need to replace the lock.
Nov 22, 2012 | Bosch WFK 2401
Mar 10, 2011 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
Feb 24, 2010 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!