Question about Tablets & eReaders
My daughter locked my son's hkc tablet model number p886a and he does not remember his user name or password
Posted by Anonymous on
ALL CREDIT OF THIS GOES TO HKC...
this 100% works to factory reset if you are locked out of a hkc p886a tablet...
1)Make sure the tablet is NOT connected to the charger
2) Power off the tablet by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds
3) Once it is off, hold down the HOME button and connect the charger while the button's being held down.
4) When you see the HKC logo come up, let go of the HOME button.
5) Eventually, you'll see an Android logo with a red exclamation mark. If you don't, repeat step 3-5.
6) If you do see the Android logo, hold down the POWER and HOME at the same time for one second and just let go of the HOME which should bring up a "Recovery mode" menu with blue letters. Make sure you let go of the POWER button as soon as you see the menu pop up, otherwise your tablet will just shut itself again.
7) Navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" using the HOME button and select with the POWER button.
8) Navigate to "Yes - delete all user data" and select it.
9) Once it's done, you should see the menu come up again. Navigate to "Wipe Cache" and press the POWER button
10) It should take you back to the recovery menu. Simply press the POWER button while highlighted on the "Reboot system now"
Posted on Jul 04, 2014
THANK-YOU Ernel!!! That is the best answer ever!!
Posted on Oct 05, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
factory reset true Recovery mode
vol+/- homebutton last power key
realease home key and - vol when boot
in recovery mode select "FACTORY RESET" enter
"ERASE CACHE" enter
Posted on Jan 11, 2013
try to login with username as Administrator if you are using some another username.
there is one software also to reset the usename and password naming ERD Commander
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Replace it or reset it
Posted on Apr 22, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Dec 15, 2014 | HKC P774A 7" 8 GB Wi-Fi Black Tablet...
Dec 03, 2014 | HKC 7" Touchscreen 8GB Tablet 1GHz Android...
Apr 04, 2014 | HKC 7" Touchscreen 8GB Tablet 1GHz Android...
Mar 12, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Feb 01, 2014 | HKC 7" Touchscreen 8GB Tablet Android 4.0...
Dec 27, 2013 | Tablets & eReaders
Dec 26, 2013 | HKC 7" Touchscreen 8GB Tablet Android 4.0...
Nov 04, 2013 | HKC 7" Touchscreen 8GB Tablet 1GHz Android...
Apr 12, 2013 | Tablets & eReaders
1,071 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!