Question about Samsung HLS4266 TV
Objects seam to be highlighted
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Samsung hl-p6163w
ussally when u get coloerd outlined this idicates ether a convergence or a focuse problem.. the green convergence has become shifted. not lineing up with red and blue.. this also could indicate a green crt problem.. my advice is to get a tech to check it out.. it could be a simple adjustment or a whole new green crt
Posted on Dec 18, 2007
This sounds like a convergence problem which means that your convergence amps have malfunctioned. You can change these out yourself, however you will also have to change out all of the biasing resistors connected to the amplifiers. To do this:
1) Unplug the TV and then get a schematic of the TV I use http://www.servicemanuals.net or http://www.manualsparadise.com
2) On the schematic locate the STK329-xxx series IC packs (usually attached to a large heat sink)
3) determine if the STK329s are 110, 120 or 150.
4) if the STK329-xxx's are 110s replace with 110s (forget that upgrade stuff it is a hit or miss game that I don't believe you want to get into), if they are 120s replace with 120s and so on.
5) Now to replace the STKs: remove the module from the TV and unsolder the old STKs along with the bias resistors, and replace them with the new ones (be sure to apply heat sink paste to the STKs when attaching them to the heatsink)
6) make sure there are no short circuits form your soldering job.
7) Reinstall the module and then turn on the TV.
8) do an auto-convergence test and then things should be back to normal.
Now if you think you can do this have at it, if not I would suggest that you have it done by a qualified TV technician.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
this CRT TUBE internal Problem, first use CRT Rejuvenation Device. If dont repair you must change CRT TUBES
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Thanks for using FixYa. From what you have described it seems that you have to replace the convergence IC and check power resistor for leakage, if values are not exact you have to replace them. The typical cost to get this fixed by a pro is about $300 - and it doesn't mean that he/they will do a job better than you do. The parts are less than $100 (about $20-$30 for the IC's) if you want to do it yourself. Replacing only the IC's MAY solve the problem; however, many people have also had blown resistors requiring replacement. Why would you ask should you replace both of the IC's if only one is shot?! If one is shot the other one is not far away and for that little price of the chips it worth changing them both at the same time. Also the convergence board should be checked for cracked solder. If you replace the ICs and the resistors are shot, the ICs may blow again almost immediately, meaning you may have to do the repair twice. Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Sounds more or less a color wheel issue, what are the other symptoms?
9 times out of ten the color wheel will do this and that is what it seems to be,
let me know and update me with any other information
please do click the accept button for my efforts.
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2012 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH2 / DMC-FS16 Digital...
Apr 01, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 24, 2010 | Sony KP-65WV700 65" Rear Projection HDTV
May 25, 2010 | Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera with...
May 27, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Oct 08, 2008 | HP DesignJet Z2100 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 16, 2007 | Samsung HCN653W 65" Rear Projection...
Jul 10, 2014 | Samsung HLS4266 TV
Jul 10, 2014 | Samsung HLS4266 TV
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: