Question about Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Open Question

Electrical burning smell when microwave is turned on

We are getting an electrical burning smell when we try to use the microwave

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

3 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
rickzilla
  • 706 Answers

SOURCE: I was using my sharp

Hello John044,
Chances are you've experienced an arc of some sort within it and if it is not working now, I would assume that your Magnetron, Filament Transformer of HV Capacitor failed and that is what you are smelling. Unfortunately, none of them are user servicable items so I would reccomend that you scrap that one.. The cost to repair would exceed the cost to replace,,, I am sure that isn't what you wanted to hear but those are the facts...
Regards,
Rick

Posted on Dec 13, 2008

Ad
  • 6771 Answers

SOURCE: sharp microwave burning smell

Replace the microwave oven, the problem is the magnetron, "heart of the system" and the most expensive part.

Posted on May 05, 2012

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave does not "heat" and smells when turned on.


calling the company will be the best suggestion because if the smell is like burning plastic, it will be a problem electrically

Mar 21, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Whirlpool over microwave combo has burning smell in microwave


Probably fragments of food burning on the waveguide cover.

Jul 31, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Electrical burning smell


It is hard to tell what is burning, take it to the repair shop

Mar 12, 2013 | Oster OGG61403 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

MIcrowave emits an electrical smell while cooking. It still cooks, but has started emitting an odor recently when in use.


Is the smell ionized (the outside smell of a cold winter morning air) or more of an electronic component burning??? if it's more of an ionized smell it could be normal, (if the smell is strong) it could be a leaking high voltage cable (electric arching) bad insulator, if it's more of an electronic component burning smell, it could be a overheating component, in both cases you should have it checked by a professional technician...

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2011 | Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

Not heating. Electrical burn smell.


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Basic Microwave Oven TroubleshootingTips

heatman101][[\\[]

May 19, 2010 | GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave smokes and smells like burning plastic


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Daewoo kor-861h, electrical smell and will not heat.


Turn if off, and leave it alone, remove it, if you can remove the unit, take it in for service, something is wrong if you smell electrical, most people for some reason can smell and identify correctly electrical or at least insulation burning smells, which means something is burning internally, not safe, fire hazard, unit needs to be repaired by qualified technician or replaced with new unit, take no chances, nothing you can do to repair this, could be a shorting transformer, or shorting power cables, but to attempt to trouble shoot this with email is a long shot, and depends on your experience expertize and testing equipment.

I wish I could give you a short easy answer, but the hazard and your safety is more important than a microwave.

Will

Nov 30, 2008 | Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Burning smell , Microwave not turning off


the control circuit shorted out from the cleaning session and kept the microwave on so long with nothing to cook that it has cooked itself I'm sorry to tell you. Probably not worth repairing

Dec 27, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning smell from Microwave


If you clean any appliances always plug out the unit power supply do spray any liquid in the unit that can enter inside the control, instead just wipe it with rug not spray. In this situation you have to call for a qualified technician. Maybe there are some wires that burned or rust in the control that cause the short circuit inside the unit..

Dec 27, 2007 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

38 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Ed Mac

Level 3 Expert

731 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...