Wireless connection not stable, connect/disconnect every few min
I have a Belkin wireless G router F5D7632ak4A. After configuring it with my PC, I can get to Internet on my PC. I have another laptop which I can "see" this wireless connection. But after connecting to it, I keep seeing "Not connected" status being shown. It will connect for a short while (~1-2min) then disconnect, then connect again, disconnect again, and keep repeating. Anyone knows why? And how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.
Re: Wireless connection not stable, connect/disconnect...
Sounds like you might have more than one client managing your wireless adapter. Can you normally surf wirelessly on networks other than your own? When you have more than one client trying to manage your wireless adapter it will typically cause intermittent connection. I have seen troubles where a customer has windows xp client enabled as well as linksys and netgear clients all trying to manage one single piece of hardware. Hope this helps
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connect a LAN cable from Belkin to your laptop/computer's LAN port, open a browser on your laptop/computer and enter the Belkin's configuration URL. http://192.168.2.1 The default PW = blank (just press Enter) You can now change the default admin password. You can now configure the wireless settings. Now configure the wireless card in your computer/laptop with the router's wireless settings. To secure your wireless network from unauthorized access, please click on this link and follow my instructions :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3559128-wireless_router_security
Try restoring the Belkin back to the factory default by powering up the Belkin and pressing the RESET button on the back of the Belkin for 7 secs. Then connect a LAN cable from the computer to the Belkin, open IE browser and type the configuration IP address and configure the wireless settings ie. SSID, encryption etc. The computer wireless cards will need to be configured with the Belkin wireless settings to allow them to communicate with the Belkin.
There are a few things that can cause you to lose wireless connection with your wireless router.
1. Weak signal strength, check the signal strength on your wireless card. If it is weak move the Belkin wireless router away from walls and if possible move the wireless router higher up.
2. Have you secured your wireless router from people near your from unauthorized access? Ie. changes the default password, setup encryption use WAP2 or WAP, change the default SSID, turn off SSID broadcast, and for added protection, enable MAC address filtering which allows the MAC address/es of your wireless card/s to connect to your wireless router.
3. You could be getting interference from electrical sources such as air conditioners, ard welders, washing machines etc. If so the power supply to the wireless routers and computers etc should be connected to a surge protection power board, better still connect your computer equipment to an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) .
4. Check the channels of the wireless routers and access points in your area and and change the broadcast channel on your wireless router to an unused channel or one that has the weakest signal strength. This will minimize the interference with your wireless router from the wireless routers and access points in your area.
normally, if you configure the wireless security settings wirelessly, it will automatically disconnect you from the network. you have to input the security key on the laptop first before it connects you back to the network.
i suggest, if you really like to configure the settings of your router, get an ethernet cable, connect it directly to the laptop so you can access and configure the router settings and to avoid from being disconnected
As you ave the modem in bridge mode and also it works ine with wired connection just follow the instruction below for wireless
1.Login in to the router - > wireless settings
2.Configure your wireless using SSID and WEP and save settings
3.Laptop : Using windows wireless client configure the client using the same SSID ,WEP as configured in the router(view available wireless network in wireless properties)
(by default OEM wirelesss client takes over the wireless configuration in branded pc.to disable it and use windows wireless client..control panel ->administrative tools -> services -> enabl2 wireless zero configuration)
14.after all configuration shut the desktop,laptop,router,mdm and pwr them in seq..first modem and then router and then your desktop or laptop
Me Two, I just reboot my cable box and router box, i do wireless online gaming and every bout 10 mins, i get disconnected even though i have full signal, on he routers web interface settings I have everything up-and-running and thr top right hand corners says connected, but when it drops I just realised that the internet light stops blinking aswell..???
What is this, this routers is way too annoying keep getting disconnected from every god damn game.
Keep me up-to-date if you what the preoblem is.
And oh, the person who can't get on the internet even though his ''WAN'' Says Stable i have 2 possible reasons.
In the address bat type in the following..
look on the left of the screen you can see DNS, if not already ticked, tick the the little box which states.
'' Automatically assign DNS by IP'' then Apply Changes.
Or, Go Straigt down to the bottom and go to system settings, also go down to the very bottom. At this poin you can see A option or '' Advanced Featue! '' Menu saying, UnPn or something lol, click the box which says enable or something.