Handset has message Out of Range even though it is fully charged on on the handset.
The handsets are reading out of range because they have lost connection with the base. This happens mostly during peak power demands or power outages, but can also happen when the phone is unplugged for any amount of time. This can also cause, at times, the answering machine to stop picking up calls. To remedy this issue, reset the phone system. Please follow the instructions below:
To reset the phone:
1. Disconnect the power adapter, phone line, and remove all batteries from the base and all handsets. Leave it disconnected for 30 seconds to reset the base.
2. Place the batteries in the handsets first and then plug in the power adapter and phone line. Do not place the batteries back in the base yet.
3. Put the handset in the charge cradle.
4. It may take up to 1 minute for the "Out of Range" to clear from the display.
5. Once the "Out of Range" is cleared from the handset place the back up batteries back into the base.
Sep 08, 2008 |
Motorola Mobility SD4502 Cordless...