Change payment for an Xbox LIVE membership
Xbox LIVE purchases and membership renewals are charged to the payment option that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. Use the following steps to add or change a payment option that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you want to remove a payment option, please see Remove an Xbox LIVE payment option.
Console steps: Add or change a payment option
Computer steps: Add or change a payment option
- Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
- Go to My Xbox, and then select your avatar.
- Go to Account Management, and then select Manage Account.
- Go to Your Memberships, and then select the membership that you want to change (for example, Xbox LIVE Gold).
- Select Change Payment Options.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Add Credit Card to add a new credit card.
- Select Add PayPal for information about how to add a PayPal account at xbox.com/accounts. PayPal is not available in all regions. For a list of supported regions, please see Using PayPal with your Xbox LIVE Account.
- To edit an existing payment option, select the payment option.
You can also you can add or edit Xbox LIVE account information using the Microsoft Billing and Account Management website. Here's how:
- On a computer, go to https://billing.microsoft.com, and sign in using the Windows Live ID (email and password) that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
Note If you don't know your Windows Live ID or password, please see Manage your Windows Live ID.
- Click Go to personal information.
- To change a payment option, click View/Edit next to the payment type that you want to change.
- Now you can add or edit a payment method.
Edit a payment
Click Edit payment method information and update your payment information.
Add a payment
Click Use a different payment method to add a new payment method and follow the on-screen instructions.