Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: code for universal remote rm-810
There is an easy way to setup this remote controllerl(RC). It called "Automatic Code Searching" which means that you don't have to even find the code. The controller will searching it for you. Just do the following steppes.
1. Turn on the "Device" to be remotely controlled, e.g. TV, VCR.
2. Point the RC right to the "Device" .
3. Press a device button on the RC represent the "Device", e.g. TV, VCR, DVD etc. You can see the indicator lid flash once.
4. Press the SET and than the POWER button on the RC. hold both buttons for 2 seconds or more, you will see the red lid on. then release both buttons simutenously. after that the indicator lid will be flashing, means the searching started.
5. Keep pointing the RC to the "Device" until it is shut down by the RC, Press any button in 1.5 second to finish the setting.
You can try the RC now. It should work. My one is working.
Posted on Apr 09, 2010
SOURCE: Remote control RM-810
Try 571. If this doesn't work try setting the code via the automatic programming feature.
RM-810 Automatic Searching
1. Turn on the TV
2. Press the “TV” key (*, **, or **) you want to program on the remote. The light should flash once.
3. Press the “Set” and the “Power” button simultaneously for 2 seconds. The indicator light should stay on.
4. Release both buttons. The indicator light will flash constantly indicating the automatic search mode.
5. After the indicator light illuminates, release the two keys simultaneously.
6. If the controller can turn off the device during its auto programming, you can finish programming in 1.5 seconds by pressing any other button on the controller
7. Check whether operation of other buttons is at normal state. If so yor setting is successfully accomplished.
If you cannot control the functions, try steps 2 through 5 again. If you do not press any button, the auto search function will stop after 30 seconds and the indicator light will go out and you will have to restart the auto search.
Let me know if this works for you. Thanks.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
1. There is no such thing as a 'universal' remote.
2. If the remote's design is earlier than the device you wish to control, no remote can be trusted to have the correct/full function code set for the newer device.
Since the manufacturers reinvent the code set for each new controlled device, the remotes become very quickly obsolete. Buying a 'learning' remote gives you at least some chance of using your newly acquired device with it after feeding it the codes from the original.
I downloaded the RM -230E manual while responding and I don't even see Sansui on the code list at all so they may have introduced their DVD player too recently for it to even be included in the code table of this remote.
I have the Chunghop RM-L988 and my orphan TV had to be programmed via IR but that works better than others I've had and this model has an 11 device capability. I'm only using it with three, two of which were contained in the factory tables, the third was done with the learning function. The only flaw I have found after two months of use, is the sloppy mounting of the IR LED which is pushed down onto the board inside and has to be aimed below the controlled device to work consistently. This versatile model has around 5,000 codes programmed and with the learning function won't become another 'for the drawer' for some time to come. Under $20.
This manual is from May of 2009 and may differ from yours but, as mentioned, no Sansui:
RM 230E manual link
Posted on Apr 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2017 | Televison & Video
Feb 13, 2016 | Universal Televison & Video
Sep 05, 2014 | Televison & Video
Jun 27, 2014 | Televison & Video
Dec 15, 2013 | One For All URC-5705 Remote Control
Apr 27, 2011 | Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2009 | Universal Remote Control Televison & Video
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!