How do I change the filter, (Holmes hm7204 Humidifier) Where does it go?
REPLACING THE FILTERS
Through normal use, waterborne minerals and sediment
become trapped in the wick filters. The harder your
water, the greater the amount of minerals in the water,
and the more often you will be able to monitor the life of
your filters in your humidifier.
You will be able to monitor the life of the filters in your
humidifier by checking the FilterCheck® Indicator. After
60 minutes of use, FilterCheck® Indicator will move and
indicate your filters condition. New filters will register in
the section reading Good filter. After frequent use of your
humidifier, the FilterCheck® Indicator will let you know
when the filters need to be changed, see Figure 2.
When the needle is in the CHANGE section, this means the
proper amount of moisture is not getting into your air due
to the excessive minerals and sediment that have become
trapped on your filters. At this point, you should replace your
filters. It is important to change your filters as
indicated to obtain stated performance level.
To replace the filter, follow the steps below:
1. Turn the unit off and disconnect from the electrical
2. Remove the tank and main housing to access the base.
3. Remove the wick holder from the base of the humidifier.
4. Remove each individual wick and discard. Do not
remove rivet, replacement wicks come equipped with
rivets for easy replacement.
5. Follow the weekly cleaning instructions.
6. Insert new filters into each section of the wick holder
making sure the rivet attaches to the wick holder
7. Do not use wicks without rivets as this will not
produce the units intended output.
8. Replace the wick holder into the base and replace
main housing and then tank.
9. Repeat Operating Instructions.
It will take about 30 minutes for the humidifier to reach
Feb 14, 2010 |
Holmes Products Cool Mist HM7204-U...