Question about Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS 95 IS Digital Camera
When trying to acquire photos from camera to computer with USB cable, error message says Cannot Detect Camera. It has worked for the past several years.
Posted by Anonymous on
Try NOT connecting your camera to your computer.
The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo management program such as Picasa ( http://picasa.google.com ).
Posted on Oct 04, 2014
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This works for Windows98
1. Uninstall the Canon camera software.
2. Search for "Canon" in the registry. Delete ALL references associated with Canon camera in the registry. Just uninstalling the software will not work. Do not delete any other references to Canon products (printers, etc).
3. Re-install the Canon camera software.
I've had to do this several times. Works every time.
Posted on May 17, 2008
I discovered a workaround for this problem...I pulled the memory card and inserted it directly into my laptop, which happened to have this type of port. It allows me to pull directly off the card. I still cannot connect via a cable, but this at least lets me get pictures loaded to my computer.
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
Most of the issues can be solved by either reinstalling the software or by disconnecting and reconnecting the device.
In this case we can close in on three solutions
1) The USB drive in the system is not functioning. Try connecting any other USB devices to the same USB port and check whether it works or not. If the other device works well then it could be a problem with the data cable or with the port in the camera (usually firewire)
2) The data cable used to transfer data might have become faulty.Try using another data cable if possible and still the same issue continues then try connecting another camera to the system and if the other camera gets detected then the problem must be with the camera.
3) Try connecting the same camera to another system and see whether the camera gets detected. If no, then the port in the camera is defective.
After this we can close in on which could be faulty. data cable / Computer / Camera.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Suggest with the camera disconnected from the computer, you uninstall, then reinstall the Canon software. (Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, or Start>All Programs>Canon>Uninstall) Windows is a 'funny animal', and drivers need to be occasionally reinstalled.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2014 | Olympus VG-160 14MP Red Digital Camera
Dec 31, 2012 | Olympus TG-320 Tough 14MP Blue Digital...
Sep 23, 2012 | Canon Powershot G12 10 Megapixel-5x...
Jul 04, 2012 | Canon Powershot Sx150 Is 14.1 Mp Digital...
Jun 13, 2011 | Fuji FinePix A345 Digital Camera
Apr 15, 2011 | Cameras
Apr 30, 2009 | Cameras
Feb 25, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital Camera
Feb 01, 2009 | Canon PowerShot G3 Digital Camera
Aug 14, 2008 | Umax AstraPix 650 Digital Camera
Jun 12, 2012 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: