I loaded a video onto my sansa and it didnt work but it wouldnt let me delete the file... so i tried to reformat the mp3 player. but when i dissconnected it from the computer it stayed frozen. after i took the battery out of it and it restarted it said "load main imade failed switch to recovery mode... i did and plugged it into the computer... then it says enter USB 2.0 MSD mode. ive tried plugging it into about 3 computers, 2 older ones and a brand new vista but it would let the recovery program work on it... it keeps saying it failed and to contact the company. anyone got any ideas
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should try using Windows media Player and Sync the device and transfer it through Windows Media Player. The files should work as .wmv. Let me know if you have questions with this or run into any problems
the first time i couldnt fix it because i ended up getting a device read error when i tried to acces it in my computer, but i think whatever caused that was different than the second time.
this time my device retained all the songs origionally on it but wouldnt reckognize any new songs. In addition to that, when i deleted all the songs off the player and only put a couple back on the player didnt register those either. so it would seem to me that it is a problem with the device's database refreshing algorithim...although thats just a guess.
neways...to fix it i copied all the data & folders off the sansa (including the .txt and .sdk files) and stored them on my desktop. After that I tried the e200 firmware upgrader available at sandisk.com
After messing around for 2 hours trying to figure out what was going on i deleted all my music, videos, recordings and pictures off the device and proceeded to format it in msc mode.
after the format was complete, i re-copied the data i had backedup on my desktop and pasted it back onto the sansa.
it seems to have worked...but then again i still don't know what caused the problem so it may not work for you. (i think it may have been something to do with one of my music files since both instances happened after i uploaded the same 5 songs onto the player)
also, i had numerous virtual folders & files that had conflicting sizes and would not open when i clicked on them (windows says they had +4GB sizes but properties says 0B also when clicked i get a file not found error).
1. right click on my computer and select manage.
2. go to disk management on the left panel.
3. right click on the sansa icon, and go to format.
4. make sure that the file system is under FAT32.
This worked for me, hope it does for you.