Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Bought a canon MX459 in august 2013 I never opened box and installed anything until sometime in November 2013, used it a few time then all of a sudden now it is showing an error 5100, I check for any jams,I didn't have any & it didn't help, I did the cleanings still will not work correctly . So I bought new ink, it still prints double of what ever it prints.
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Canon MP500 Printer head error
Print heads for nearly all printers are rated at 2 years. You may also need to clean the tube from the resevoir at the ink supply to the cartridge and clean the working resevoir on the cartridge as well. If you are up to this challenge there is a how-to at your manufacturer's web site or you can have a tech do it. Most people, when they realize how inky you will be getting choose to have a tech do this.
It is best to use 100% denatured alcohol, from your hardware store, to clean these parts and tubing. But, you must take precautions.
DO NOT USE DENATURED ALCOHOL UNLESS YOU READ AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BACK OF THE CAN.
I'm not kidding about the precautions. I do all this stuff outside when there is a breeze in the air and then I stay up wind of my work.
If you have any questions whatsoever just feel free to comment back to me.
Posted on Jun 07, 2008
SOURCE: I have got error code 5100
If you've already cleanup the cartridges try the followings
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not,
press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal..
Please let me know if this work for you.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
OK. It sounds like there's something on the carriage bar restricting the movement of the ink carrier. Perhaps some ink got on the bar.
Try taking a clean lintfree rag dampened with rubbing alcohol and clean the bar. This may have to be repeated a number of times to get the foreign matter off the bar and the ink carriage.
Let me know if this helps. iF it does not we can try something else.
Posted on May 05, 2009
I solved this on mine by removing and reinstalling the print head.
1. Remove and set aside the ink cartidges (don't make a mess)
2. lift the gray print head lock lever that is to the left of where the ink cartridges go.
3. Lift out the print head out without touching the ink ports inside, the contacts on the back, or the print nozzles on the bottom. The print head is the grey thing with circular ink ports that seat the ink cartridges. there are good pictures in the PDF of the Easy Setup Instructions available on the Canon Printer website. Look under the printer, then support, then downloads: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0900002776/mp510_esi_us_v2.pdf .
4. Put the print head back in, lock the lever, reinstall the cartridges in the roper positions. And voila!
If this doesn't work you may actually need a new print head.
Posted on Nov 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
Oct 13, 2014 | Canon Pixma Mx459 All-in-one Inkjet...
Sep 11, 2014 | Canon Wireless Office All-In-One Printer...
Dec 27, 2013 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!