Question about Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Turns on to then turns right off
I'm not sure why this works for me, but I think it's worth a try:
1) First, take your SD card out of the camera.
2) Then turn on your camera and let it turn itself off.
3) Read the next step first and be ready to press the shutter release button (take a picture) right after the LCD screen turns on
4) With the camera lens pointed down towards the floor (aim down), turn on the camera. At this point the LCD screen should not be blurry anymore. Immediately press the shutter release after confirming that the LCD is not blurry. If the camera stays on and you can review the picture (most likely of your feet), then you are almost done.
5) Turn off the camera and re-insert your SD card.
5) This may not be a permanent fix, but point the camera lens downward whenever you turn on the camera. It should work normally if you do this. Mine worked normally (meaning I don't have to point it downward when I turn it on) after doing this several times. Your results may vary.
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
I just cleaned the glass part of the lens with my shirt, turned it on and it worked.
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I believed that you are using the battery came from the box the KLIC-7004 which is very good. Now since the battery indicates its charge, first thing you need to do is to removed the battery and Memory card, Now wipe the 3 metal contacts of your battery then reinsert only the battery in your camera then Turn It On. If the camera shuts off try to used 5V AC adaptor to Turn On the camera, If this failed to turn On using the AC adaptor It means the camera needs of service call Kodak Tech support toll free 1 800 421 6699 ext 12
Posted on Nov 09, 2009
SOURCE: I have a Kodak M1033
go to : http://www.fixya.com/support/t5301378-kodak_m1033_lenses_stuck_open
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2011 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Oct 30, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Sep 08, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Aug 05, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Jun 27, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Apr 24, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Apr 05, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Aug 01, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Mar 07, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
May 23, 2014 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
2,745 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!