Question about Maytag MEW6627B Electric Double Oven
HI, this code represents a Defective touch pad or clock (ERC)
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on May 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
F1 Error indicates a bad control board and the control board
(electronic control) should be replaced to solve this issue. Hope this
helps...please post back for further assistance.
Aug 06, 2011 | GE Built-In 24" Double Electric Wall Oven
Dec 13, 2010 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Jun 25, 2010 | Maytag MEW6627B Electric Double Oven
Apr 19, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
May 17, 2009 | Frigidaire 30 in. Electric Gallery Series...
Jan 07, 2008 | Jenn-Air JJW8230D Electric Double Oven
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: