Question about Vizio E322vl 32-inch Lcd Hdtv With Internet Application, Black
Amber vizio light is on but never turns white and I can't turn the tv on. I tried the remote and the power button. I have 5.4VDC at the pins that go to the main board. Any ideas on how to narrow down the bad part?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Set could be shutting down as no signal (usually 30 seconds or so) or it may have a power supply problem.
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on May 22, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2016 | Vizio M550NV 55 in LCD HDTV
Sep 22, 2015 | Vizio XVT473SV 47 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 29, 2015 | Vizio XVT373SV 37" 1080p 120Hz Edge Lit...
Jan 31, 2013 | Televison & Video
Feb 08, 2012 | Vizio E322VL 32 in. LCD TV
Mar 25, 2017 | Vizio VT420M LCD TV
Jul 01, 2010 | Vizio VX42L 42 in. LCD TV
Jun 17, 2009 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 13, 2008 | Vizio Gallevia GV42LF 42 in. LCD...
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: