Question about Rival Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Blows fuse when plugged in

As soon as I plug microwave into wall outlet it blows the 20 Amp fuse

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 5,011 Answers

There could be something wrong with the mains cable to it. Or it's power supply.

Posted on Dec 27, 2013

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

fridgetech
  • 473 Answers

SOURCE: Microwave keeps blowing fuse

If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Posted on Nov 19, 2007

  • 833 Answers

SOURCE: microwave stopped working

Generally, you get something unless the fuse inside is blown. There is generally a fuse inside the unit when you remove the button package. First, make sure that the outlet you have is good. Plug something else into it and see that it works.

Posted on Dec 17, 2007

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Microwave keeps blowing fuse

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that\'s usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.



If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that\'s usually a failing high-voltage transformer.



Here are some links with info on part testing:



http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/cap_test.html
http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/diode.html
http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/mag_test.html
http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/xformer.html




You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by
entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383



Please write back with your brand and model number if you need further help.



We\'re happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jan 13, 2008

  • 11 Answers

SOURCE: microwave blowing fuses

Sanyo isn't that great of a manufacturer.. I had a microwave from them a few years back that did the same thing.. The wiring inside the microwave is shot.. if you were to open it up, you'd probably see some burnt wires from a short. If you use the microwave over a range, it may be because of grease build-up...

anyhow, its better that you invest in a new microwave, rather than fix it. It will be much more cost efficient

Posted on Jun 02, 2009

  • 8909 Answers

SOURCE: tappan microwave over blows 20

Either or both. If the magnetron goes short circiut the the diode wil fail as well.

Posted on Dec 24, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave blows fuse to kitchen outlet when it is plugged in. microwave still works.


What else in on the circuit? Your oven should be on its own. If you live where I live, this should be a 20 amp 120 Volt AC branch wired directly from your power panel.

If this is not the case, have a licensed electrician install a proper circuit for you.

Mar 18, 2013 | Cuisinart CMW-100 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have GE Advantium 120 SCB1001 Microwave Oven. It is plugged in, outlet has power, but nothing comes on at all.


There are TCOs (thermal cutouts) which also can fail or blow, resulting in "no power" conditions.

All but one of them should be accessible without taking the oven from the wall.


At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.


The full service manual is here.

You can find helpful exploded views and order GE parts here.

BUT there is one TCO which has thinner wires of a color other than black or white. This is the hood TCO and should read "open" or "infinite" which is correct.

All other TCOs should read shorted or virtually zero ohms on a continuity test, as should the fuse.


The cavity TCO is only accessible by removing the oven from the wall, then taking off its outer cover.

When taking the oven from the wall, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.

You can download GE owner's manuals and installation instructions here.


We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 07, 2012 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No power to microwave


Hello

Check the Power Cord

Verify that the power cord is properly connected the outlet; the plug might have been removed to make way for another appliance. Do not connect the microwave to an outlet via an extension cord or plug adapter; the oven must be directly connected to an outlet.
Switch the Outlet on

Turn the outlet on, if possible, using the switch on the wall behind the counter or on the plug itself. Some microwaves have a separate power switch that must be in the correct position before you can begin cooking.
Reset the Oven

Unplug the oven, wait a few seconds and reconnect the power. A power surge could have temporarily rendered the oven inoperable. The oven should start up as normal when you connect the plug to the outlet.
Check the Fuses and Breakers

See that the fuse or breaker protecting the oven's circuit is still active. Replace the fuse if it has blown, or reset the breaker to restore power to the oven. Stop using the microwave if it repeatedly blows fuses or trips breakers.

Oct 04, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Loss of power


yes remove outer cover its a 15 or 20 amp ceramic cartridge type fuse

Sep 21, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Just quit. No power, no display....nothing


there are several possible causes, check voltage at outlet
check the 20 amp bus fuse on the main board ohm out the cavity thermostat, replace the bad part

Sep 10, 2009 | Samsung MS1040BB Microwave Oven

2 Answers

No power!


There's an internal fuse - about 20 Amps. It usually blows when the magnetron dies. Unplug the unit from the wall and access the internals. You should plainly see the fuse holder - remove and check the fuse. Spares are available at any ACE hardware store. If the unit is more than 5 years old, I wouldn't mess with it.

May 24, 2009 | LG LRM1260SW Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Blowing 25 amp fuses


In that case the outlet your using is pushing out too much electricity. Try calling your local electric company for help or a professional electric repair man.

May 21, 2009 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sharp R-930AK convection/microwave suddenly died


You need to open the oven (unplugged) by removing the screws along the case. Inside, there is a 20 amp fast blow fuse that you can get at Radio Shack. It looks cylindrical and white. I would test that first. However, replacing the fuse may work, but then, other components may have shorted inside causing the fuse to blow. Try the fuse replacement/test it first. Good luck

Apr 10, 2009 | Sharp R-930AK Convection/Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Emerson microwave


microwaves need to be on a electrical circuit that serves nothing else but itself, one quick way to see if this is the problem,unplug your refrigerator and plug the microwave in and see if its ok plug-ed in that plug, if it is you will need to find another plug else where that has nothing else on it, and it should be on a 20 amp-her circuit, like the frig. (in most cases), hoped we helped,good luck to u..

Mar 12, 2009 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave keeps blowing fuse


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 19, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

54 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Rival Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2315 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5056 Answers

Are you a Rival Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...