Question about HP LaserJet Office Equipment & Supplies
Our office has an HP laserjet pro that started printing grey vertical lines a few months ago. The lines started out about 1 inch thick on the left side of the document, but have grown to take up about half of the document. We tried replacing the toner cartridge... which oddly fixes the problem for about 3 pages, and then any subsequent pages print out increasingly large grey vertical lines again. The orientation is now in the middle of the page after our last toner change instead of on the left as it started.
The two places to look is transfer roller and the fuser unnit.
i think there is a problem with the transfer roller it is under the toner and it needs to be spring loaded. The paper passes between the toner an the transfer roller to charge the paper en let the toner stick to the paper and if it doesn't make correct contact then it wont work
Posted on Dec 27, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Print quality bad
To clear white vertical lines from printed documents follow the steps listed below:
NOTE: The use of non-Brother or generic toner may cause white vertical lines.
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
1. First, power OFF the unit for safety. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left, rear side of the unit.
2. Open the scanner cover by pulling the blue lever located below the control panel toward you and lifting the cover. Make sure the cover is completely open.
3. Remove the drum unit by holding each side of the drum by its handles and gently lifting the drum forward (toward) you.
4. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposablepaper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Make sure thedirections and DR-250 stickers are facing you.
5. With the drum removed from the Brother machine, clean the laser glass. The laser glass is located inside the Brother machine where the drum was located. It is a piece of glass, about 1/2 inch wide and approximately 8 inches long, located on the bottom of the inside. Gently wipe the glass with a clean soft DRY cloth. DO NOT use isopropyl alcoholor any liquid to clean the glass.
6. Gently pull up on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge toward you until it stops. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently sliding it out of the drum unit. ***Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe it off or wash it with cold water.
7. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge. Then, reset the toner into the drum (be sure it clicks into place). Gently push on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge away from you until it stops.
8. With the DR-250 sticker facing you turn the drum upside down. There is a blue tab located on the right side. Slide the blue tab back and forth seven times to clean the corona wire. When finished, make sure the blue tab is locked to the right side of the drum.
9. Reset drum unit in Brother machine. Close the cover securely.
Print the help list to test the unit by pressing the REPORTS key located on the control panel and then (1) on the dial pad.
If the white vertical lines still continue, the drum unit will need to
If the purchase date of the original drum or replacement drum is less than 90 days (within the warranty of the drum), contact Brother Customer Service Center at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) . The center is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 7:00 pm EST, excluding holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
well..did you run a test page?
or clean the print heads?
or recalibrate them?
recommend all these steps for you
and as my 2200th solution, you are entitled to a FREE tuneup for good. find out more about that service here
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
Is your transfer roller clean?
How does the drum look on the toner cart?
Is the fuser getting bad?
Would you consider this an old image that is ghosting?
Posted on Aug 14, 2008
You have mentioned this is a 2nd hand printer,
you have to service the printer,(fuser unit)
if the problem exists after fuser service check Laser Scanner also,
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420dn Printer
Mar 30, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1012 Printer
Feb 02, 2010 | HP LaserJet 6L Printer
Jul 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Mar 07, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2430n Printer
Oct 14, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: