Question about HP LaserJet Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

HP m410n laserjet pro banding gray vertical lines

Our office has an HP laserjet pro that started printing grey vertical lines a few months ago. The lines started out about 1 inch thick on the left side of the document, but have grown to take up about half of the document. We tried replacing the toner cartridge... which oddly fixes the problem for about 3 pages, and then any subsequent pages print out increasingly large grey vertical lines again. The orientation is now in the middle of the page after our last toner change instead of on the left as it started.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 33 Answers

The two places to look is transfer roller and the fuser unnit.
i think there is a problem with the transfer roller it is under the toner and it needs to be spring loaded. The paper passes between the toner an the transfer roller to charge the paper en let the toner stick to the paper and if it doesn't make correct contact then it wont work

Posted on Dec 27, 2013

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 82 Answers

SOURCE: HP Color LaserJet 2600n - Thin White Line on Print Out

Which color is this line? Try changing respective cartridge..

Posted on Sep 09, 2007

Soulvisitor
  • 1113 Answers

SOURCE: Print quality bad

To clear white vertical lines from printed documents follow the steps listed below:

NOTE: The use of non-Brother or generic toner may cause white vertical lines.

Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.

1. First, power OFF the unit for safety. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left, rear side of the unit.

2. Open the scanner cover by pulling the blue lever located below the control panel toward you and lifting the cover. Make sure the cover is completely open.

3. Remove the drum unit by holding each side of the drum by its handles and gently lifting the drum forward (toward) you.

4. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposablepaper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Make sure thedirections and DR-250 stickers are facing you.

5. With the drum removed from the Brother machine, clean the laser glass. The laser glass is located inside the Brother machine where the drum was located. It is a piece of glass, about 1/2 inch wide and approximately 8 inches long, located on the bottom of the inside. Gently wipe the glass with a clean soft DRY cloth. DO NOT use isopropyl alcoholor any liquid to clean the glass.

6. Gently pull up on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge toward you until it stops. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently sliding it out of the drum unit. ***Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe it off or wash it with cold water.

7. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge. Then, reset the toner into the drum (be sure it clicks into place). Gently push on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge away from you until it stops.

8. With the DR-250 sticker facing you turn the drum upside down. There is a blue tab located on the right side. Slide the blue tab back and forth seven times to clean the corona wire. When finished, make sure the blue tab is locked to the right side of the drum.

9. Reset drum unit in Brother machine. Close the cover securely.

Print the help list to test the unit by pressing the REPORTS key located on the control panel and then (1) on the dial pad.

If the white vertical lines still continue, the drum unit will need to
be replaced.

If the purchase date of the original drum or replacement drum is less than 90 days (within the warranty of the drum), contact Brother Customer Service Center at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) . The center is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 7:00 pm EST, excluding holidays.

Posted on Dec 27, 2007

IB4G2008
  • 3587 Answers

SOURCE: Full ink cartriges print a few lines and skip a few lines

well..did you run a test page?

or clean the print heads?

or recalibrate them?

recommend all these steps for you

and as my 2200th solution, you are entitled to a FREE tuneup for good. find out more about that service here

Posted on Mar 24, 2008

  • 25 Answers

SOURCE: HP LaserJet 2100tn prints ok but with 3 lines of strange characters over image

Is your transfer roller clean?
How does the drum look on the toner cart?
Is the fuser getting bad?

Would you consider this an old image that is ghosting?

Posted on Aug 14, 2008

  • 5 Answers

SOURCE: HP Laserjet 1100, band of unprinted area after new toner install

Hi Friend,
You have mentioned this is a 2nd hand printer,
you have to service the printer,(fuser unit)
if the problem exists after fuser service check Laser Scanner also,
Thanks
Lux5

Posted on Nov 28, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hp 2420 leaves vertical line across the page. we changed the fuser 7 months ago


Hello,

It sounds like you may need to change it again. These printers use a Teflon coated heat roller in the fuser. If you print envelopes that will scar the heat rolller, this can also happen if there is a piece of paper jammed in the fuser assembly and it scraped the fuser roller. Open the back of the printer and look at the roller in the fuser. I would bet that you see the roller is damaged. Here is a link to a post about the Laserjet 2100 printer with the same issue. It has pictures of the roller and what to look for, the fuser is different but the principle is the same.

http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/how-to-fix-hp-laserjet-2100-vertical-lines-on-print/

I hope this helps, if so please rate my solution.

BuddyMc

Sep 20, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420dn Printer

1 Answer

Hp laserjet printer is printing a large vertical


if the band is white, you may have a problem in your laser scanner assembly, if the band is black, you may have a problem in your fuser assembly

Mar 30, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1012 Printer

2 Answers

HP 1020 produces 2 grey lines at edges of page


it is the problem humadity or laser mirror is dirt clean it and then solve your problem

Jul 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer

1 Answer

HP LaserJet 2430 prints vertical grey bands


It is a bad Toner Cartridge or Fuser. Most likey a bad toner cart.

Mar 07, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2430n Printer

1 Answer

Smudged Printing


replace the toner. many remanufactured cartridges will do this due to leaks during/after refill.

Nov 07, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

1 Answer

99% of printed page has light grey water mark-as if water-washed


Are you saying it is this problem?

Gray Background Print Quality Defect

Here's another error that might fit the bill:

Vertical Lines Print Quality Defect

If these documents don't quite describe the issue, please post back with more details. Thanks.

Oct 14, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer

1 Answer

Printing


check your toner/drum cartridge. lift the flap, do not touch roller (usually green), is the same grey band on the roller, if so replace cartridge.

May 06, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer

1 Answer

Grey band on left side of printed page.


replace toner drum or replace cartridge

Mar 19, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

2 Answers

Grey lines on printout


90% chance its the Cartridge or 10 % chance its the fuser

Nov 26, 2007 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Office Equipment & Supplies Logo

Related Topics:

197 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

Seeker5211
Seeker5211

Level 3 Expert

1089 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Are you a HP Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...