Question about Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT Nuvi 1390 w/ Lifetime Traffic & Maps ($299.99 before $70.00 savings)
Garmin Nuvi Philippine map
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems with the unit. You
may need to switch the unit on and press and hold the centre of the
screen until the message ?No detailed maps? message disappears.
If your map detail is missing, then the map information may have been
disabled. To check to see if the mapping has been disabled, follow the
From the Where to? and View Map page, touch the Spanner icon, settings
Touch Map Info.
The unit should display the name of the map that is loaded to the unit.
The box in front of the map name should have a tick in it. If it does
not, touch the box to place a tick in it.
Then please test by searching for an address.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Asmany as there are FREE dinners Updates are not free, unless you paid full price for it when you bought it. Free upgrades are a deceptive myth. If you get a free uograde its usually minor and was included in the price of the pack.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
To my knowledge you cant remove preloaded maps,but word of advice when purchasing other maps,get them on a Memory Card instead of preloading on your GPS,reason being,if you deciede on a different GPS in the furture you can then use the same maps which are on the Memory Card.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for your comment. Not the info I was hoping for (ie preloaded maps). A good suggestion; re. memory card. Thanks once again"
I would suggest you reset the unit,if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi, I think its out of date and needs to be updated. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Posted on Jul 19, 2010
This means is that the map file inside your Nuvi 350 is corrupted and the device can not read it anymore. We will need to update your map by plugging it into the computer. First thing you should know, with this problem that you are encountering most likely you will will need to send the unit back to Garmin to reload the map data onto the device, but I am going to try a few things with you to try to get it functioning again ok?
First thing to try is go to this webpage: Garman Map Updater, click on the "Check for updates" It will bring you to a new page, where you might need to install a plug in. It is okay to install the plug in and is nessesary.
If a map update is found you should be able to follow the instructions to update your map. Next I would like you to download "webUpdater" which updates the actual software on your device.
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I'll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.
Thank you for using Fixya, and have a nice day.
Posted on Nov 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2012 | Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT Nuvi 1390 w/ Lifetime...
Mar 28, 2012 | Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT Nuvi 1390 w/ Lifetime...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: