Question about Electrolux Precision Brushroll Clean Bagless Upright Vacuum EL8805A
Exclamation point on front of vac. lit up. I bought floor model, so I have no idea what this means. Also the brush is not spinning. It doesn't look like there is a belt, so I am confused.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hello. I have an electrolux
Hello! There are two solutions to this as the Glider model you speak of could be the more old fashioned type where screws on the bottom foot plate (ie where the spinning brush sits) have to be undone in order to get to the drive belt.
However if you have blue/red/Harmony Glider type model, the drive belt location is on the top of the hood where the floor selector is. There are three screws to undo here; one sits just underneath the main hose to the left hand side of the machine (and can be tricky to take out) if looking at the machine from the front, whilst right at the front of the machine, you'll see two other cross head screws which need to be undone. Make sure that the rotary height dial is out of the way - the top hood should then pop open revealing the brush. Then just take out brush by grabbing the beater bar and pull upwards gently. Take off the old belt, put on a new one around the spindle motor and then onto the beater bar and push the brush roll back in.
Unfortunately you may need brute strength for this as a new belt is often tensioned.
Dont forget to rate. Thanks.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
Hello, W/D here.
Since the brush will not spin, but the motor works, either the belt has come off of the motor shaft, the belt is worn past it's useful life, or the beater bar has seized.
1. Turn off the power (unplug).
2. Remove the bottom plate. With the plate off, use your finger to test the tension of the belt. It should be tight, and roll when you roll the beater bar by hand.
3. Remove the beater bar and belt. Inspect the beater bar, particularly by the bearings. Remove any twine, hair, etc.
4. Inspect the belt for abnormal wear. If there is any significant wear in the belt, replace it.
5. Reassembly is in the reverse order. Place the belt on the beater bar. While holding the beater bar close to it's position, place the belt on the motor shaft. Rotate the beater bar bearings to their proper position and install the beater bar. Replace the cover plate.
Best regards, --W/D--
Posted on Jan 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2014 | Electrolux Vacuums
May 31, 2014 | Electrolux EL8807A Precision BrushRoll...
Feb 09, 2014 | Electrolux Vacuums
Jun 08, 2013 | Electrolux Vacuums
Apr 17, 2013 | Electrolux Vacuums
Apr 07, 2011 | Electrolux Floor Pro Vacuum
Jul 07, 2009 | Vacuums
Aug 01, 2008 | Electrolux Vacuums
Mar 23, 2008 | Vacuums
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: