Question about HP PhotoSmart C4280 Laser Printer
After replacing the black ink in my HP c4280 printer, I am getting a message "print catridge missing or not detected" I alson noticed the black cartridge is getting caught in somethingpreventing it from moving to the left. Help!!
1) Please do not use RE-FILLED cartridges as they will clog the heads terribly.
2) Turn off printer, Remove all cartridges, Gently move the printer head to the RIGHT with short thrusts. It is not necessary to move it completely to the right hand home position just simply away from the obvious jam.
3) With a flashlight and tweezers try to locate paper jam in the print head track. Best to also blow out paper chafe with a weak air bulb. WARNING: Do not let your male friend or relative use extremely strong air pump for tires or air blower at corner gasoline station. (Do not purchase the cheapest paper the future)
4) Unplug the printer to allow it to completely re-initialize the internal electronics..... about 10 minutes should be fine.
5) Replace all cartridges.
6) Power up printer, then re-boot your computer with the activated printer connected, then print a test page. Everything should be fine.
Posted on May 17, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2016 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Nov 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Apr 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Mar 31, 2010 | HP DeskJet 960c InkJet Printer
Nov 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2009 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Jul 14, 2009 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 03, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4280 Laser Printer
Dec 23, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart C4280 Laser Printer
Jun 24, 2012 | HP PhotoSmart C4280 Laser Printer
Dec 28, 2017 | HP PhotoSmart C4280 Laser Printer
340 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: