Question about Nespresso Aeroccino Automatic Milk Frother
Water in tray pod not pierced
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like a gasket or seal gone or a split pipe.
If it's still under warranty - take it back for free service or replacement.
If you do have to attempt DIY, then a clear silicone sealant may save you the price of expensive gaskets.
Be very careful when taking apart - take notes or photos as it will help put it back together !
I usually put related sub-assemblies together with their screws in separate pots.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Hi, According to your
problem first open the coffee container and clean it properly. After cleaning fill the container with proper
quantity of coffee beans. May be the spout holes are blocked. So clean the
spout by pin. Also make clean the infuser by open the front cover of the
infuser. The ground coffee may be
blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel using a knife.
Then clean the infuser and the inside of the appliance. Descale the machine. It
will help you.
According to your problem first open the coffee container and clean it properly. After cleaning fill the container with proper quantity of coffee beans. May be the spout holes are blocked. So clean the spout by pin. Also make clean the infuser by open the front cover of the infuser. The ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel using a knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the appliance. Descale the machine. It will help you.
Posted on Jun 13, 2011
SOURCE: The pods are not being
The capsules are not pierced when they are inserted. They are pierced on the back but not in the foil. The foil is pierced when the hot water is injected through the posterior holes and the pressure causes the foil to bulge, thus getting pierced by the grid in the front of the machine. If the capsules are not getting pierced it means that the water is not being injected with enough pressure. This could be due to hard water deposits. Try first to pump the machine by turning it on and then lifting the lever and keeping it raised for a few seconds. If that doesn't work, de-scaling the machine should correct the problem.
Posted on Sep 16, 2011
SOURCE: My Nespresso Magimix Citiz does
-the short term solution-
1. take your affected capsule. set it on its un-punctured/un-perforated bottom (the thin foil surface) on a flat surface. the three puncture holes should be facing upward on the top of the capsule. by the way, if you shake the capsule you should hear the grounds sound dry as if the capsule was new.
2. find a thin small rubber band. size-wise, ideally, the rubber band will fit loosely around your thumb; with a very small gap between the rubber and your thumb.
3. put the rubber band around the collar of the capsule. the band should be put over the top of the capsule and pushed down until it stops flush against the flange (rim). if the band is correctly placed, the band will be just 1mm flat inside the rolled bare aluminum edge (rim).
4. insert the capsule in your citiz machine as usual. optional: you can orient one of the puncture holes at 12 o'clock position (top dead center) during the insertion process. this time, it will work. you will find the capsule will eject cleanly with the rubber band intact.
5. save the rubber band.
-which machines does this apply to?-
this is a common problem with nespresso machines introduced after 2010, specifically the citiz. i have not seen this problem on the pixie, yet. i would expect this issue on the lattissima plus.
i am assuming that the machine is otherwise functioning properly: meaning that the machine does not have an issue with the water pump, excessive scaling deposits restricting water flow, or some other major mechanical part.
-why is this happening?-
look at the capsule, the post-2010 machines bite new slightly rectangular indentations on the capsule around the top edge of the wall. this is new. nepresso changed the insertion mechanism in response to competitors bringing non-nespresso branded capsules to market: Douwe Egberts/Sara Lee "L'or expressO", Caffe Vergnana "ESPRESSO", etc.
this new insertion mechanism was supposed to thwart knockoff capsules, instead it is unintentionally thwarting your "real" nespresso capsule. the injector needles are not piercing correctly all the way. the injectors poorly lodge: deep enough to make puncture holes but not deep enough to allow water to flow freely into the espresso grounds compartment.
two things can happen:
1. the pressure release valve, inside the brewing chamber which prevents an explosion occurring if the coffee exhaust path becomes blocked, is activated and hot water overflows into your used capsule basket.
2. the hot water flows outside and around the capsule and into your cup as clear hot water.
-what do i do long term?-
contact nepresso. get your machine repaired or replaced. this is a factory manufacturing defect that has nothing to do with you, wear, use, or hard water. refuse to pay the $125 repair fee. demand that they fix the machine free of charge. they will send you a loaner in a plastic shipping crate to use while your is being fixed. you should not have to suffer without espresso or waste legitimately purchased capsules just because nespresso is in a legal fight capsule copycats. this is not your fault.
Posted on Dec 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2015 | Nespresso U D50 Espresso Machine with...
Jun 15, 2015 | Nespresso Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Apr 11, 2015 | Nespresso U D50 Espresso Machine Color:...
Feb 13, 2015 | Nespresso Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Jul 21, 2014 | De'Longhi EN720M Lattissima Premium...
Aug 10, 2011 | Nespresso Essenza D100 Espresso Machine
Mar 02, 2011 | Nespresso C100/T-US-AERO Espresso Machine
Nov 28, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 18, 2009 | Nespresso C100B Essenza Single-Serve...
Jul 30, 2009 | Nespresso Essenza C100 Espresso...
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: