Just got it today for christmas when i noticed power doent work. Only powers on with charger. Then when trying to put music on the tablet from my pc the tablet began to. Start the system UI has stopped working. Now i cant do absolutely nothing. . I cant even leave of the screen. Cant restart or shut down neither buttons work. Dont know what to do. Going. To let it die until i can get some help then power off. Then attempt to power it up with charger... please help me!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
battery have residual power which last few minutes to allow safely switch off, as you used this power, it shut down. this residual reserve is usually between 3% to 5% of capacity.
and do not fiddle with it till you recharge it, reset will not work while there is no power, any other "trickery" will not work either.
now, plug battery to known good charger and charge it for 24hrs, do not switch it on during that time nor disconnect from the charger.
after this it should be starting and working normally, if it does not - it is still under warranty and you should return it to the place of purchase for repair or replacement, even if you do not have receipt. tablet have it's serial number and can be traced in the store to day, and even hour and minute when it was sold...
hope this short info will help you - do not forget to vote...
You can try pulling the battery then reinstall it and restart the unit. If that doesn't clear the problem go to settings, and then applications and look for UI and clear the cache and data. If that fails you can try to do a factory reset.
Ah ASUS. I have a Memo 10. Had the same problem when it was 6 days new. Asus has a UI that is bad.
1. First try to charge via USB to your computer. If you get any result good, leave it a bit.
2. Leave it plugged in and see if it will turn on. If you can get it to turn on ... do this.
3. Find the back up and restore/factory reset. Back up your data, pics, music. etc.
4. Do a factory reset... it will say everything of yours will be delted. Proceed.
5. Restart the tablet.
6. Go into settings and TURN OFF Asus's UI. On my Memo 10, under settings is a menu called "Asus Customized settings" in the sub-menu turn OFF "Use ASUS Quick Setting" yours may say something a bit different.
7. Restart. The look will be different but no worries. On the upper right see if your tablet it charging. It will be a battery with green and black and a lightening bolt in it. If it is charging try your wall wart charger.
For any 'Has Stopped' messages, you'll need to run a factory reset from the Settings menu then re-establish Wifi and recover content in the Meep Store. If it won't power on at all, that is then a hardware issue and would need to go through the OSI call center: 800-853-8883.
UI means "user interface." It likely means "GUI"--"graphical user interface"--pretty pictures on a screen upon which one points and clicks. Thus, you can't use the touchscreen. Try a "soft" reset. If that's ineffective, try a hard reset--often called something like "Restore Factory Settings." If you find the manual, physically--or online via a mfr. site PDF, follow it's procedure for those. Otherwise, try pressing the power on button for 20 seconds or so--see if the screen then offers hard reset. Press "Yes" or otherwise assent.
Can you please unplug it first the power cable then press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds, after doing that, plug the power cable to the outlet then press and the power button until the device will turn on, just press and hold the power button.