Question about Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
May be the same problem Magnavox is having with their 27MF231d. I found the fix on this site and it took care of the same problem with my set. Not the easiest thing to do, but it worked. If you do not know how to solder, get some help with this one. If you take it to a Magnavox Authorized repair location, they will just replace the bad capacitor with another bad capacitor of the same type and voltage. The problem is they have a 25w capacitor where a 35w capacitor should be. Mine was bulging, with black tar looking stuff coming out of it. It was obviously bad. Follw the instructions below.
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
as soon as u bought the universal remote it came with a paper that say a bunch of codes find ur tv model go to set up look were u can put in the code and follow the code exact
Posted on May 24, 2009
check power supply capacitors..i repair these every day and the power supply is prone to faulty capacitors..the capacitors should have flat tops and if they are bulging or leaking brown fluid, replace
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
I have this part for sale!! If you haven't found a solution, let me know. The only problem, is i'm in France. Depends how bad you need it i guess!
Ps it's a new item
Posted on Nov 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2012 | Sanyo DP46848 LCD TV
on Apr 12, 2010 | Televison & Video
Jul 07, 2010 | LG 37LC7D 37 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 19, 2010 | Toshiba Regza 52XF550U 52 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 11, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 25, 2008 | Proscan 42LA30H 42 in. LCD Television
Aug 04, 2008 | iLO 2600 Television
Apr 14, 2008 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
Oct 07, 2007 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Jul 13, 2007 | Koss KSC75 Consumer Headphones
Aug 18, 2017 | Televison & Video
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!