I have an edimax BR6204wg wireless router. Whenever I have tried connecting wireless divices such as PS3, Nintendo DS and now my HTC smartphone they all find the Wireless network (SSID) but have trouble...
Welcome to Fixya. You can check the settings of the router so that we can configure your device wirelessly. There are some important information that we need to obtain inside the router that we wil be using to connect your device. The SSID or Network Name, Security: WPA,WEP,WPA2 and Open and lastly the Network Key or Passphrase.
Lets access the router:
- To access the router page just open a browser then type 192.168.2.1, the Default username is admin and the password is 1234.
- Go to the Wireless, Make sure that the Wireless Module Function is Enable.
- ESSID is your Network Name (you can personalize it).
- Go to Advanced Settings, Authenticantion Type: Open (Unsecured) Shared (Secured).
- Go to Security, Select WEP or WPA then type your Password or Network Key
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
Now that we have the information needed lest configure your devices. Listed below is the guide on how to connect PS3 and DS wirelessly.
Steps on Connecting PS3
1. Power-cycle ALL network equipment. Turn off (unplug) ALL of your network equipment, including any Wireless Access Points, Routers, Voice Over IP (VOIP) Modems, and Broadband Modems for two (2) full minutes.
2. Confirm that your internet connection is enabled. in the home menu, go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection and select Enabled.
3. Scroll down to Internet Connection Settings and When prompted, "Do you want to continue?" select Yes. On the next screen, select Wireless as your connection method. Pick "Scan"
4. From the list, pick your SSID.
5.On the next screen, press right on the directional pad to continue
6. Pick your WLAN Security Setting (either WEP or WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK). If none, pick None (and skip the next step).
7. If you selected a Security Setting, enter your Security Key or Network Key with the keyboard. Press the Start button to exit the onscreen keyboard. Press right on the directional pad to proceed to the next screen.
8. The system will check your network configuration settings and display the information. Save the Settings.
9. Test the connection on the next screen.
10. When the test is complete (usually less than a minute), it will display the results ("Succeeded" or "Failed"). If you have successfully connected to your network, Congratulations, you have completed the network setup process.
1. Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings of the Game
2. Search for an Access Point (SSID)
3. Select your Network (SSID), If you have an open network, just click "OK" and it should work just fine! If it's a Red Padlock, it'll prompt you for a Password or Network Key. This is the reson why we access the router.
4. Test the Connection
Thanks for using Fixya.
Feb 06, 2011 |
Edimax 4 Port Wireless AP Broadband Router...