Question about Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
My Epson R1800 is brand spankin new and I never printed anything from it, not even a test page. I would like to use this printer to print out my film for screen printing purposes, I thought and was told that a rip program would solve this issue, so I got one "Accurip". This did not solve the issue which is my paper feeder light continuously blinks red. When I press the blinking red feeder light the film goes through just fine... Anybody have any suggestions????
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi Fruitless, Last night I was tearing my hair out trying to get my R1800 to accept some Hahnemuhle Satin 310, and it was just passing through and passing through. About once in 20 trys it would finally print. I was in the middle of making up my own paper profiles for this lovely paper. Anyway, I gave up at about 1:30 am, and went to bed. Today I resumed my attack, and guess what fella, there is a solution. Pass this on to everyone. You did not say what version of Photo Shop you were using. I just got my CS3 a week ago, and if you are using it, you can open a photo for printing. Go to Printing Preferences Dialog Box, > click on Maintenance Tab, and then click on the Bottom button that is labeled as Printer & Options Information. The Printer and Options Dialog Box opens, and there at the bottom is a box that says Thick Paper right beside it. Select or check this box and enjoy yourself thereafter. I did not see this in the User's Guide, but knew there had to be an answer to this problem somewhere. No problems ever since. Best of luck.
Posted on Sep 25, 2007
I have been stuggling with this tonight too, except with Epson Glossy 13x19. I kept getting the "Media Out" error when i tried to print it using the sheet feeder. It turns out that by puting a few blank sheets under the one I was using it lifted the paper enough so that it sensed it being there.
Hope this helps someone else!
Posted on Oct 18, 2007
download the epson ssc service util
install it set for r230 then using the tray icon right click the tray icon choose protection counter from the menu then choose reset protection counter then turn off the printer then turn the printer back on
Posted on Jan 28, 2008
While you may have installed it, the generic driver may be selected. Here are all the steps to get you back up.
To remove any previous Epson printer driver files and get a good working install of the latest download for the Intel Duo Core, do the following:
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Close any open windows.
6. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
7. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
8. Double click on the RECEIPTS folder.
9. Delete any "Epson" receipts. Close back to desktop.
10. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
11. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" menu at the top of your screen and click "Reset Printing System...". Confirm resetting.
12. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
If you have not done so already, use the following steps to obtain the download for the new Intel Duo Core driver:
1. Go to http://support.epson.com
2. Select Printers then Inkjet then your printer model.
3. Under "Drivers and Downloads" select Macintosh.
4. Download only the driver marked for the Intel Duo Core system.
Printer Driver v3.0aAs
Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or later)
epson11769.dmg - 12.4MB - posted on 02/06/06
1. Double-click on the "epson11769.dmg" file and follow prompts to create an "epson11769_r1800_printer_driver_30aas" disk image on your desktop.
2. Open the disk image. Double-click the "SPR1800Series 30a" installer icon to begin the installation.
3. Follow prompts to complete installation. Restart Mac once the install is complete.
Do the following to add the printer once the new downloadable Intel Duo Core driver has been downloaded and installed properly:
1. Connect printer.
2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
3. Click ADD.
4. Ensure you are on the Default Browser window.
5. Highlight printer as it appears under Printer Name.
6. For "Print Using" select "Epson Stylus R1800" if this automatically appears on the list. If this does not appear, select OTHER (not "Epson" - which links you to GIMP drivers, which we don't recommend or support). NOTE: if you are using a firewire connection, the printer name may appear as a letter only - ie "E" for "Epson". This is normal.
7. A new window opens where you can Browse to the hard drive location of:
HD > Library > Printers > Epson > Inkjet Printers
(This location contains all the Intel Duo Core Epson driver plugins, be they resident or downloaded.)
8. Highlight/Select the plugin for your printer model in the Inkjet Printers folder, then click OPEN.
9. Use the up/down arrows at the end of "Print Using" again to (re)select the printer's name, which will now appear at the TOP of the "Print Using" list.
10. Click ADD. The new downloaded driver will now be added on the list.
11. If there are other printers on the list, ensure the Epson is made default before testing.
When you are working with a printer model which supports borderless and/or roll paper printing options, you will be able to select these options in the program you are printing from as you set up your print job.
1. Once you have an image or file open, go to File > Page Setup.
2. For "Format For" select the Epson printer name (rather than "Any Printer").
3. Select the appropriate Paper Size. If your printer supports different layout features, each paper size will have several different options. For example, the 4x6 paper size will have an arrow pointing right which offers choices of 4x6 Borderless, 4x6 Standard-Minimize Margins, etc. Pick the paper type plus layout/margin option you want to use here.
4. Click OK on Page Setup. You are now ready to print.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
SOURCE: EPSON LQ - 2180 paper settings
I HAVE CUSTOME SIZE OF PAPER WHICH IS NOT AVILABLE IN THE PRINTER LIST .WHEN I DEEL WITH WINDOS XP
BUT WHEN DEEL WIHTH WINDOS 98 ITS OK
NO I DONT HAVE WINDOS 98 . MY QUESTION HOW I CAN ADJUST PAPER TO CUSTOM SIZE
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
this many sheets
Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
If the paper jams, do
1. Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output
tray or sheet feeder.
2. To eject the jammed paper, try turning the Epson
Stylus NX400 off and then back on.
If that doesn't work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus NX400. Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus NX400 back on.
Aug 17, 2012 | Epson Stylus NX400 InkJet Printer
Mar 20, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Jun 24, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Apr 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Nov 06, 2017 | Epson Stylus Photo R260 InkJet Printer
Oct 13, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Jun 11, 2015 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Sep 07, 2014 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!