Question about Hunter 52" Ceiling Fan With Light And Remote Control
I recently bought a ceiling fan but the remote didn't work so the company sent me another remote and receiver model#FD40-H02R.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Ceiling fan remote not working
It is certainly possible that the remote went bad -- after all, it is an electronic device, and is was "made in China". With that said, there are other possibilities:
* The receiver, which is what receives the signals sent by the remote control, could have died. In most remote-controlled fans, the receiver is located in the ceiling canopy (the decorative part up by the ceiling, which hides the wires). In other fans, it's located in the switch housing (the part of the fan to which the light kit attaches). Solution: try everything else on this list; if nothing works, replace the receiver. Universal replacements for most models are available at Home Depot and Lowes.
* A wire on that receiver could have come loose. Solution: check all wires for secureness.
* A wire in your wall or ceiling -- the wire which provides power to the fan -- could have come loose or been chewed through by a rodent. Solution: use a circuit tester to check whether there's power at the connections at the top of the fan, in the ceiling, where the fan connects to the building's wiring.
* A circuit breaker could have tripped or a fuse could have blown. Solution: check your circuit breaker or fuse panel.
* The DIP switches inside the remote control -- which set the frequency on which the control transmits -- could have been knocked out of position accidentally or by a child playing with it. Solution: check the code on the DIP switches on the receiver in the fan -- then, make sure the remote control has its DIP switches set the exact same way.
If none of the above work, then yes -- the problem is with the receiver or the transmitter (remote). The two are typically sold as a pair, and universal replacements are available at Home Depot and Lowe's.
Hope that helps! Feel free to ask for clarification if you need it!
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
Home Depot sells universal remote systems (transmitter and receiver) for around $30 (in Delaware & Pennsylvania) -- don't know price in Chicago).
I'd just replace it. Hunter may be correct that they are the only source for the receiver, but if you get a new transmitter as well, you don't need their receiver. The labor is the same either way.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
The receiver part #8511204000 and runs like $50 plus shipping....if its the remote the replacement part# 23529-300 and it runs like $40 plus shipping. You can order it from Hunter or other Hunter dealers.
Posted on Sep 03, 2010
The colors of the wires in the Harbor Breeze ceiling fan kits tell you
what their functions are. The black wire is hot for the fan, the white
is a common wire for both the fan and the light kit, green is ground and
blue is hot for the light kit. locate the black and blue wires from the ceiling fan and connect them
to the black wire inside the electrical junction box by twisting an orange
wire connector onto all three wires. Locate the white wire from the
ceiling fan and the white wire from the junction box and attach the two
wires together with a wire connector. Connect the bare copper wire onto
the green wire from the ceiling fan mounting bracket by twisting an
orange wire connector onto the two wires. Push all wiring inside the
electrical box. good-day !
Posted on Nov 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2016 | Dryers
Sep 14, 2014 | Dryers
Mar 15, 2014 | Dryers
Jul 23, 2013 | Dryers
Jul 07, 2013 | Dryers
May 03, 2017 | Dryers
Apr 29, 2017 | Universal Remote Control Hampton Bay...
Jun 14, 2009 | Dryers
1,530 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: