My Dimplex model #6901470100 (purchased new in 2007) just stopped working. It was on then just turned off by itself.
Both lightbulbs are OK.
What would cause this?
It probably overheated and the overheat module shut the heater down. It may reset itself once it cools down. Or the heating element has burned out. There are a host of issues with these electric fireplaces (not just Dimplex). They are sold as a decorative, supplemental heat source, but in fact, if you get more than a years use out of it without a problem, you're probably the exception. The heaters just aren't meant to run for a long period of time. It's like turning on a blow drier and letting it run for an hour. Nine times out of ten the blower driver will overheat and burn out.
I really wish I had better news for you (I answer this type of question at least 5 to 6 times a week), but I don't.
The only good news would be, if it's still under warranty (one year), have your Proof of Purchase and contact Dimplex USA. Technical Service: 1- 888-346-7539. Customer Service: 800-668-6663
Feb 23, 2011 |
ACE Dimplex (r) Compact Electric Fireplace...