Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: USB DRIVER NOT INSTALLED
If you need to install a driver for a thumbdrive, you might be able to get away with defining it as a standard "USB Mass Storage Device" in the drivers. Find the device in Device Manager then follow these steps.
Right click the device, select "Update Driver"
In the new window that pops up, select "Install from a list..." Click Next.
In the next page, select "Don't search, I will choose a driver to install" Click next.
In the Hardware Type Window: Select and double click "Show All Devices"
Click the Have Disk button
In the text box: type "c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbstor.sys". Click Ok. Click ok once more
Click next to proceed through the driver install.
This is one possible solution to get your thumb drive communicating.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
try maybe it is bricked or damaged, try downloading Pheonix products which can help u repair any usb damaged storage media, worked on my 8gig usb and nokia n95, or u can try googling flashing utilities for you flash
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2014 | Kingston DTI/2GB Data Traveler 2 GB USB...
Oct 27, 2012 | Kingston Data Traveler 2 GB USB Drive...
Sep 25, 2012 | Kingston DataTraveler 101 G2...
Oct 27, 2011 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Apr 06, 2011 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Feb 16, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Feb 03, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Dec 16, 2008 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: