Question about Lexmark X83 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Tried printing and paper starts to feed but will not continue through printer while it sounds like the printer is printing. When I first tried printing, didn't pull in paper and made a clunking noise. Display said to replace cartridges. I pulled them out and put them back in. Now it pulls the paper in about 2" and stops the feed process, but the printer head is printing (makes the sound like it is).
Any solution on how to get the paper to feed?
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2015 | Epson EPL 5700i Laser Printer
May 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1300 Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Apr 10, 2009 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 20, 2009 | Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Jan 12, 2009 | Epson Stylus® Photo R340 InkJet Printer
May 14, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 08, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 28, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1100 Printer
Jul 01, 2011 | Lexmark X83 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 28, 2010 | Lexmark X83 All-In-One InkJet Printer
313 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!