When I turn on my GPS a white screen over a blue screen comes up which never used to happen
When I turn on my GPS a white screen over a blue screen comes up with the message "It is important that digital map and PO" then it hangs and will only connect to the satellite when I touch the screen numerous times before it boots up and goes to the opening screen. I was told that i should go to the nextar site and download the firmwear upgrade but it was for the model 2607 not the 2707. It obviously didn't work!! The irritating screen and hang still occurs.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
red and black are power and ground, blue and white are gps output signal connect those to 9 pin connector pins 2 and 5 and get a 9 pin(serial) cable to usb adapter for input to a laptop, charting or mapping program and you are good to go. just make sure if you are using xp to wait until the mapping program is running and searching for gps signal before you connect the serial or usb because windows thinks the signal is from a mouse and the cursor will turn into a raging crackhead jumping all over the screen and randomly clicking on whatever it touches.
try the reset first (little pin hole on the side) using a paper clip, hold it in for 10-15 seconds. if that fails, plug in your charger and charge for awhile the press and hold the power button for upto 15 seconds till it starts. it sounds like you might have multiple problems. the screen going white normally indicates a bad screen but might just need reseated (ribbon cable)..try what i suggested first, if none of those work, let me know and we will see what else we can do.
For clarification: You turn on your unit, the blue magellan logo appears clearly, but then the screen slowly starts turning white. Turning the unit off/on fixes the white but images are in reverse.
CAUTION: It would help if you were grounded in some way prior to proceeding. Also, of course do this at your own risk.
Make sure the cable going from the main board to the LCD is making a solid connection:
1. Take screws out of rear housing
2. Slightly seperate the rear/front housing
3. Disconnect the RF cable attached on the corner of the main board.
4. Pull off (or locate if they already fell off) 4 O rings from the screw mounts.
5. Fold over mainboard ontop of rear housing
6. Use fingernail or tweezers to lift up the plastic locking mechanism that attaches your LCD to the backside of your mainboard.
7. Pull out LCD cable, inspect for "gunk" on conacts (clean if necessary)
8. Shove cable back into slot on mainboard
9. Press down locking mechanism
10. fold mainboard back over
11. Put 4 O rings back on screw mounts
12. PLUG RF CABLE BACK IN! (signal will be zero if this doesn't happen)
13. Fit together front/back and screw back in.
White screen is giong to either be your LCD or Hard Drive. I would try changing out either one of these. If your warranty's out or dont' want to pay to send it in, then try this. Make sure the cables coming from the LCD to the mainboard (the large PCB (circuit board)), also, make srue the cable going from your Hard Drive to the Main board is tight. I'd even release each cable and plug them back in. Hope this helps.
Does the initial Magellan screen appear? If it doesn't display anything and it's just blue... :( Normally means that something on the main board is your problem. Which, means your out of luck. What happened to it? It just suddenly stopped working? Let me know.