I have the my bellsouth account set up in outlook. I click the test settings button and everything is okay, but it's not retrieving any e-mails. I have to go to bellsouth.com and log in to see if I got any emails.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: outlook is not retrieving my bellsouth emails
Hello in this case you need to create a new profile by going on control panel - mail - show profiles- add and when you click on next it will prompt you like you wanna connect with microsoft exchange or internet service select internet and follow the instruction you were al set after that
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Lightning blew up your computer? How? Did it actually strike the computer... unlikely, but if it did....you now have a molten piece of technology what you can call "to be recycled". :-) What you really mean is lighting caused a power surge with travelled through the wired connections in your home and upset the Operating system as well as some programs, namely your e-mail program. In this case, what e-mail system ae you using? YAHOO, GOOGLE, OUTLOOK?
For any INTERNET type email, you have to contact the appropriate provider's support and explain what happened and hopefully they will have a copy of your emails. FOR MS Outlook... Check your Deleted FOLDER... if it's not there, it's probably residing on the server, BUT.... you have to ensure, the setting "KEEP MESSAGES ON SERVER" is checked in OUTLOOK....
In Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010/2013:
Go to Tools, Account Settings in Outlook 2007; File, Account settings in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
Select the Email account, click Change (or double-click on the email account)
Click More Settings
Go to the Advanced tab - leave on server settings are in the lower section
Of course it does. When you add the gmail account to your Outlook program you go through a lengthy configuration of email address, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server and so on. At some point there is the option to test the account setting and if you click to test you are asked to provide the password for your gmail account. Supply the password there and if the testing is positive you will not be asked again for it. Without you password to your gmail account, Outlook will not be able to log on to the server and retrieve your mail.
Step1: Double Check your Incoming Mail (POP3) settings.
To Double Check your Outlook/Outlook Express Settings:
- Open Outlook/Outlook Express
- Click on Tools -> Accounts
- Click on Mail tab - you'll see the list of email accounts that are set-up
- to view info and settings for each email account, double click on an email account.
- Click (highlight) the extra or duplicate email accounts that you are not using and click on Remove button (on the right)
- Click on General tab, Servers tab, Advanced tab, accordingly and check your Outlook settings against the following examples:
Step2: A common mistake: For Servers setting (Servers tab), -> Account Name make sure that you use the full email address and not just the first part of the email address - for example: firstname.lastname@example.org and not just "janedoe"
- Login to your Web Mail and Delete any suspicious email that can block your Mailbox. (emails that have no "From" or corrupted spam emails can cause Outlook/Outlook Express to hang.
Im assuming you are using outlook express, if not, I apologize, but steps should be similar for other types of software:
On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
Click POP3, and then click Next.
Under User Information, do the following:
In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name, followed by @bellsouth.net.
Under Server Information, do the following:
In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type mail.bellsouth.net.
In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type mail.bellsouth.net.
Under Logon Information, do the following:
In the User Name box, type your full e-mail address, including the @bellsouth.net domain.
In the Password box, type your password.
Select the Remember password check box.
Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password
check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't
have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it
also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to
To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings.
If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password,
you are prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is
connected to the Internet.
Click More Settings.
On the General tab, under Mail Account, type BellSouth.net.
Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK.
Click Next, and then click Finish.
Do not select the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.
Unless specified by BellSouth.net, all server and address entries are typed in lowercase letters.
Before using Outlook to access more than one email account there are some caveats to this type of access.
• All email will be delivered to one inbox unless another Outlook Data File is created for the account and a rule created to move the message to the data file. If storing all in email in one data file is acceptable then a rule can be created to move the email to a folder to keep accounts separate.
• When creating or replying to an email you need to select which account the email should be sent from. This is accomplished by selecting Accounts in the mail compose windows and selecting the account to use.
Steps for Setting Up an Additional Email Account:
1. Tools 2. Email Accounts 3. Select Add a new email account click Next 4. Select POP3 5. Fill in Your Name 6. Fill in Email address for account 7. Enter User Name for account 8. Enter Password for account - check Remember password if you don’t want to login each time you send and receive email. 9. Enter Incoming Mail Server (POP3) – Information provided by ISP 10. Enter Outgoing Mail Service (SMTP) – Information provided by ISP
If this is all the information the ISP requires then click Test Account Settings to determine if everything is setup correctly. If additional information is required follow the steps below. If Outlook can perform a test send/receive with no errors then you are finished! Click Next and then Finished.
If the test fails, check your settings to make sure everything is entered correctly. Pay close attention to the username and password fields as this is usually where the problem occurs.
If the ISP requires outgoing authentication follow these steps:
1. Click on More Settings 2. Click on Outgoing Server tab 3. Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication 4. Make sure the Use same settings as my incoming settings is selected 5. If this is all of the required information click OK and then Test Account Settings
If the ISP requires that Server Port number needs to be changed:
1. Click on More Settings 2. Click Advanced Tab 3. Change the Incoming or Outgoing Port Number to the number provided by ISP 4. Click on OK and then Test Account Settings