Question about GE 32GT740 32" TV

1 Answer

Ge 32gt740 32 tv

While wachting tv the tv just start to buzz and sizzle and smell like all the wire were burning

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 500 questions.

  • Expert
  • 556 Answers
Re: ge 32gt740 32 tv

Please do not try to put it on for further damage.

buzz and sizzle and smell like all the wire were burning is due to short circuit in horizontal output section or high voltage flyback section.

please skilled tech to fix it.

it looks major problem but it is not a major.

can be rectified by skilled tech easily at your home.

good luck


Posted on Oct 17, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

GE 25GT270 TV had a jumpy picture for a short time, then TV shut down. Afterward, smelled a burning smell. What happened and can I fix it?

Check its vertical output section circuit for damaged component/s. Check the vertical output IC.

Feb 19, 2013 | GE 25GT270 TV

1 Answer

I have a 1990s JVC tv that we were wattching the other day then we smelled a smoky smell. Then horizontal lines and staticy sound started to go through the tv. We tried canned air to clean the vents a few...

That tv is very close to catching on fire. UNPLUG IMMEDIATELY. When electronic equipment is old they dont just stop working sometimes. Sometimes the electrical current starts burning the wires and the dust inside. there is a definare odor to electronics burning or shorting out. smell around the air vents in the back of the TV. youll know if wires were burning its a distinct odor

Jun 03, 2012 | JVC Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

My tv is 5 years old, I smelt a burning smell in the room. The tv turns on then you hear some buzzing and crackling and the tv turns off by its self. the picture does not come on at all

Some component has failed inside. Buy something better or pick up another CRT set real cheap. Many people are trying to get rid of them after buying flat panel sets. Not work fixing anymore.

Mar 31, 2010 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV

1 Answer

Burning smell Toshiba tv/dvd

NO problems,Who care,might burning dust and grease that the smell.Take it aparts for a good clean with a air compressor.

Mar 02, 2010 | Toshiba 32A33 32" TV

1 Answer

My 42 inch plazma screen {prima} started to go all funny and then just went away, still has the sound, i left it on hoping that the picture would come back. all it did was start to smell like over heated...

not tv stopped working & was able to fix it myself
that smell was something burning out..........obviously
what part though that could be about anything
in mine it was a thermistor...the video section of the tv wont work without it

Sep 26, 2009 | Prima C2012 TV

1 Answer

Burning smell on right side (facing tv)

contact a repairer ur wire inside tv has burnt

Sep 03, 2009 | Philips 30PW8420 TV

1 Answer

GE #32GT660 won't turn on.

Your set is possessed! Just kidding. The answer to your question is in your last statement. If you smell something burning your set has experienced a voltage overload which caused a component to overheat and burn and that failed component has rendered your set non-operational.
Unfortunately, this is not an easy fix and will require a trip to the shop. Get an estimate before approving repair. In the new world of disposable electronics the cost of repair may exceed the value of the set.

Aug 28, 2009 | GE 32GT660 32" TV

1 Answer

My tv turned itself off this morning, then when i tried turning it back on, its making a buzzing sound, and i can smell burning, any ideas? its not turning on still, just the red standby lights on.

i have forgotten my parental control pin after five times pin then it has blocked how to unblock it. which codes should i use to unblock

Jun 29, 2009 | Sony KV-27V22 TV

1 Answer

Moved ge hdtv mod#D52GW12 in rainy weather

Sounds like it could be a problem with high voltage stages. Definitely a job for a TV technician as it is dangerous try to repair it yourself.

Oct 31, 2008 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

Noise when turned on

For the age of the set I would guess you have many loose conections in power supply and horizontal driver circuit,you need to call someone who can locate all of the overheated areas and resoldered them.Do not try to use it anymore or it will fail completely.Do not do it yourself unless you know how to safely work on a tv set.

Sep 12, 2006 | Sony KV-27V42 27" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE 32GT740 32" TV Logo

Related Topics:

110 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1187 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66499 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a GE Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides