Question about Simplicity for Children 4-in-1 Convertible 3045 Bassinet
Went to a department store and checked out a similar baby bed. I observed the assembly of the bed and was able to finish my baby bed.
Posted on May 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2015 | Simplicity for Children Baby Gear
May 10, 2011 | Simplicity for Children 8324H Crib
Converting a Simplicity Crib into a Toddler Bed:
Please note, Simplicity has gone out of business and the Simplicity Cribs should NOT be used as cribs. They were sold at Walmart, Target and BabiesRUs. The word on the street is that Walmart is the easiest to deal with when it comes to returning them. Those who wish to return Simplicity cribs don't need a receipt, they can just take them to Walmart for store credit. BabiesRUs was apparently giving about $65 while Walmart was closer to $190. Again, this is just what I have heard from others.
You can find the specific information on the Simplicity recall here.
If you do want to use your Simplicity crib as a Toddler Bed, I have not read any warnings against this. Again, I might just take it to Walmart anyway and get a store credit and perhaps buy a new convertible crib. You can get some great ones on Amazon for around $150 with delivery included.
I would pack it up, take it in for store credit, and get a new crib!
You can get some great deals these days on cribs, there's a great one on Amazon for $150 with free shipping so it's kind of a no-brainer.
As I have heard, Walmart will take it back, no questions asked and no receipt necessary and you can get a brand new one with brand new parts, brand new instructions and no recalls or risks!
Here's one of my favorites:
If you still want to convert it, here is what you need to do:
1. Remove the front panel of the Simplicity crib. Use an Allen wrench and 45mm bolts (there should be extras underneath the crib, along with an Allen wrench, but if there aren't then you can pick some up at your local hardware store.)
2. Check the mattress support. It needs to be in the lowest position available, which will allow the toddler to get in and out of bed easily. It is also the only position that will make the rails line up properly with the pre-drilled bolt holes. To lower the mattress, unscrew the four bolts from the four corners of the mattress support and slide the support down. The holes for the lowest setting are just about the bottom wood panels. Use your Allen wrench to reattach the mattress support with the same bolts you pulled out when the mattress was in the higher position.
3. Attach the toddler bed rails to the crib frame. Use two 38mm Allen bolts on each rail. There are pre-drilled holes in both the rail and the crib frame. Line up the holes and then loosely screw the bolts into place. The bottom of each rail has a metal L-shaped hook. This will slide under the mattress support. Use a 19mm Allen bolt to attach this piece to the mattress support. When everything is lined up and screwed in loosely, go back and tighten each bolt. Repeat on the other side.
4. Check the entire crib frame for loose bolts. Use the Allen wrench to tighten all the screws. Toddlers can be rough on their beds, so it is important to make sure the bed is safe. You should recheck for loose bolts often. Jumping and climbing on the bed can easily loosen the bolts and screws.
5. Don't forget to hang onto the front panel and store it carefully, you will need it later to convert the bed into a full sized bed.
Jan 23, 2011 | Simplicity for Children 4-in-1 Convertible...
Jun 12, 2010 | Simplicity for Children Crib n' Changer...
Jan 08, 2010 | Simplicity for Children 8994W Crib
Jul 12, 2009 | Simplicity for Children 8994W Crib
Jul 11, 2009 | Simplicity for Children 4-in-1 Convertible...
Mar 14, 2009 | Simplicity for Children Aspen 3 in 1...
Feb 20, 2009 | DaVinci Leonardo Crib
Nov 07, 2008 | Simplicity for Children 4 in 1 Ellis Honey...
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!