I replaced the black toner cartridge. Now I get 004-332.
I have tried all the suggested solutions (all the cartridges are appropriately locked into place), but still get the same "004-332 Restart Printer" error code. Maybe this is one of those "planned obsolescence" design issues that crop up after a few years of use.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: I replaced the black toner cartridge. Now I get...
Call DellCrap tech support and see what they say. I will never use anything from DellCrap. Go to the Espson website and click Clearance. Pick a refurbished/new printer, Free shipping, 1 year warranty. Stay away from The DellCrap Company.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you 'replaced' or refitted the original cartridge, then I would suggest that the toner cartridge has failed. If this is the case, please try a new one.
If the original has not done a fair (check manufacturers specification) number of prints, you may be able to ask for a replacement.
If this was a new cartridge, and printer uses separate drums and toner cartridges. Then it could be a faulty drum. Above replacement path could be tried.
The code refers to the black toner supply fault. This is usually caused by the toner compacting in the toner cartridge. There have been a couple of instances where the plastic strip remains when the cartridge is replaced. If this isn't the case then the solution is to remove the black toner cartridge & gently but firmly tapping the toner cartridge to break up the compacted toner. Re-installing the cartridge & turning the machine off & then on should reset the error code. If the code remains it may also indicate a faulty toner cartridge & this can be proven by replacing the black toner cartridge with another one. If, after replacing the toner cartridge with a replacement, the code re-occurs then this could indicate damaged toner supply gears which would require a technician to verify, but the most common cause tends to be the toner cartridge is at fault.
Hope this helps.
My suggestion is to put the 2 cartridges next to each other and look at them as closely as you can. There has to be a difference between the one that works and the ones that give the error. Something that just occurred to me. Check the slot where the black cartridge sits. Check it for something that could have fallen off the original cartridge and is wedged in the slot. Compare the slot with another cartridges slot. Because one cartridge works and others don't, it tells me it's a physical(hardware) problem not electrical.
if you want to replace black one only you should follow these stepsInstall or replace the toner cartridge while the printer is on (if the power is not on, the cartridge carrier does not rotate).
1. After confirming the Insert Yellow Toner(Y) message, open the front door.
2. Hold the tape on the protective cover and pull it forward to remove the cover from each cartridge slot.
NOTE: You need to remove the protective cover only the first time that you install the toner. NOTE: Dispose of the protective cover after you remove it. NOTE: The protective cover is attached to each toner cartridge mount.
3. Make sure the color of the toner cartridge matches the slot on the toner cartridge carrier. The order is Y, M, C, K. Gently shake the cartridge to distribute the toner evenly.
4. Lift the tab up 90 degrees and pull the toner seal straight off, keeping it parallel with the toner cartridge.
5. To insert the toner cartridges, align the arrows on the cartridge with the corresponding arrows on the printer. Guide the cartridge in until it snaps into place and then push down the handhold to lock the cartridge in place.
6. Close the front door.
NOTE: Make sure the toner cartridge is installed correctly. Otherwise, the front door cannot close firmly.
7. The toner cartridge carrier rotates to the next empty slot. When the color of the newly inserted cartridge appears on the display, followed by the Insert message, insert the next toner cartridge.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 when inserting the remaining cartridges. plz do rate the solution if got help
Hello,reseat and clean the four toner cartridges, verify the orange plastic covers have been removed, and verify the cartridges are fully locked into place, .This is the procedure: 1. Press the Menu button and press the down arrow until Replace Toner appears, and then press the "ENTER" button. 2. Press the down arrow to choose the appropriate color toner cartridge and press the "ENTER" button.
Note:If the Menu button is inaccessible, begin replacing the toner cartridges with step number 3.
3. Open the front cover. 4. Lift the handle of the appropriate colored toner cartridge and remove the toner cartridge. 5. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side.
Note:Rock the toner cartridge over newspaper as there may be some toner leakage.
6. Gently wipe the exterior of the toner cartridge with a dry cloth. 7. Verify the mag roller has been removed.
Note:Grasp the orange strap, peel the tape away from you, and then, with the tape free, pull the blue strap toward you.
8. To reinstall the toner cartridge, align the arrows on the cartridge with the corresponding arrows on the printer, guide the cartridge in until it snaps into place, and then push down the right lever to lock the cartridge in place.
Note:Ensure each cartridge lever is fully pressed down into the locked postion.
9. Close the front cover. 10. Repeat steps 1 through 8 until all toner cartridges have been reseated. Good luck
On the LCD display choose the 'Reset Menu'Then within that menu keep going through the (many) options 'till you get to 'Change Toner K' (K for black, C for Cyan, M for magenta,Y for yellow). Once you select the appropriate Toner it will rotate to offer the toner for replacing. Open up the cover at the front, reach inside and change the position of the coloured part of the toner cartridge on the R/H side to the Unlock symbol and then ease the cartridge out. It comes out at a slight angle as the part you move to unlock it comes out slightly ahead of the other side. Put the new toner cartridge in and turn the coloured part to the locked symbol and close up.
Please take a moment to rate this solution, thanks.
You need to manually reset the CRU counter in the service menu to reset the toner count. This is designed so the xerox tech can come in and get paid for work. What you do is the following:
Enter the service mode by turning the machine off....then hold the (i) button and (<) arrow button simultaniously while turning the machine on. Then go down to nvram access enter menu, then go to CRU menu. Then go to the Toner CRU count menu, then select the toner you wish to reset and allow the machine to reset.
IF you need any parts feel free to come to my store
I had the same problem and found that one of the toner cartridges must have not been seated properly. I removed the black toner cartridge and re-fitted it. The printer now works fine again with no errors. 17H is a code relating to a fault in the rotation ......... possibly one or more toner cartridges need checking. Use the menu on the printer to turn it to the appropriate position (i.e. engine menu then select replacement of whichever toner you are checking).
Hope this fixes your as well.