I just finished taking apart my ps2 and i accidentally pulled the controller port out of it. There is a mgnetic ribbon holding it right now and i need to find a way to get that ribbon to go back inside the mother board, i've looked around and the only guide that provides an answer for this is not free, so i'm going here first.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, it sounds like your laser is either dirty or dead. first try to clean your laser with a Q-tip and some glass cleaner (no streaks that way). This will require you opening up your PS2. Take all the screws out of the bottom os it and pull the top off, be careful there is a ribbon cable that is attached to your power and eject buttons. You will be able to see your DVD drive. take all 4 screws out and take the top off. The laser will be right there. Swab the laser with the Q-tip and use the dry end to dry it off. Put the top back on and plug it in to the wall and your t.v. See if it will read the discs before you put it back together. If it won't then your laser is shot and needs replaced. But while you have it apart you can order a new laser for about $29.00 and install it while its apart. If it does read the discs then its fixed and you can put it back together.
It could be the PS2 connector port.
1) Try cleaning it. Maybe used compressed air or just blow into the faulty connector port.
2) Something more challenging, is to maybe open up the PS2 and to search for any broken connections between the Ps2 controller port, and the Motherboard of the PS2. Use a phillips #0 or a phillips #1 screwdriver, flip the ps2, you will see all these tiny squares, pull them out using something sharp, and underneath them there will be the screws, also there are some screws located underneath the warranty sticker and another underneath the Info sticker, just probe the surface until you land upon a hole. there you will find the screws. Open the ps2 up and you will spot the connector and search for any broken connections. any broken links can be fixed just by using a soldering iron and some solder.( OPENING UP YOUR PLAYSTATION VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY).
3) IF your ps2 is still under warranty, you can send it back to sony, or one of their many repair centres around the nation( IF U ARE IN THE USA). If in another nation, you can visit sony.com and follow their instructions on how to go about with in warranty repairs
Sounds as if it has been dropped .....or an impact to the controller port while one was plugged in. in some cases the in side of the port can become full of dust and dirt causing light rusting creating a loss of connection ...but an impact can break a small chip on the back of the controller port inside the machine , try cleaning out the controller port and check to make sure the metal tabs are clean and un bent.
You need to take it apart, and get everything back in its place.
REmove 8 or 10 Screw covers on bottom of your PS2. open the case carefully, so as not to pull a cable loose from the motherboard. The Cd player cover needs to be removed to get your CD out. Remove 2 or 4 screws to gain access. You could actually do this in less than 30 minutes. Go for it Beth
check And see if it is a problem with the make of your ps2 slim. thats all i have for you. my ps2 slim is brand new. i just bought it last year & it works perfectly. multitap is something i dont know about. i went to walmart the other day & a guy who was an expert with videogames told me all i need to know. Just look forward to that
It's likely the lazer lens is out of alignment or requires replacing.
Did your dvd cleaner also have a lens aligning part to it, you normally go through a spoken instruction(go to track 2 etc), as cleaning is sometimes not the only required solution.