Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a ge profile microwave. When I plug in the microwave, it's fine. As soon as I hit the start button, the microwave blows the HVT fuse. I assumed that it was the diode and the capacitor that were bad. When I checked them, they came out ok. I then checked the magnetron and the transformer. All checked out ok. I even checked them all out for possibly being grounded? No go. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. MODEL: JVM 3670 SF 001 SERIAL: ZF9303625 GE PROFILE

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 214 Answers

Another possible option would be to cheak the door micro switches . They can also blow the ceranic fuses.also how did you cheak the magnatron?Did you remove it complet and cheak over the ceramic end area if it was bubled?

Posted on May 15, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

THE MICROWAVE KEEPS BLOWING FUSES, AS SOON AS I HIT THE START BUTTON THE FUSE BLOWS.iT WILL KEEP THE TIME AND THE LIGHT WILL COME ON BUT AS SOON AS i HIT START IT BLOWS


Sorry to read about your problem, I hope this helps you out.

you have a defective control board

I tried to help you. Please help me and Rate/Vote on my response, thanks and good luck

Dec 25, 2010 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Profile Performance Convection/Microwave Problem Heating


Either magnetron, capacitor, diode pack or transformer has failed causing a fuse to blow.

Jul 13, 2017 | General Electric Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My ge profile microwave keeps blowing its fuse. i


Don't increase the amp size of the fuse this could cause the wiring to get hot or component to get hot and catch on fire. Is the fuse the main fuse the one that the power cord goes to?

Sep 11, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Microwave keeps blowing fuse


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 19, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Wont turn on


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 11, 2007 | Frigidaire GLMB209D Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave troubleshooting...


My GE spacesaver microwave all of a sudden stopped heating up things. The lights, fan, turntable, etc. work, but nothing is heating up. Any suggestions?

Oct 23, 2007 | Whirlpool GH8155XM Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Unit Electrical Problem


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

Microwave can be very dangerous so it is best to have it looked by a professional

 

Would appreciate a solved rating for expert advise.

Oct 16, 2007 | GE JE1590 Convection / Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Space Maver MIcrowave


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit START, you probably have a high voltage capacitor shorting. If it blows a fews secondfs after you press START it probably has a bad high voltage transformer. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety & disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 You might also double-check the magnetron. The technical sheet inside the oven shows you how to check it.

May 14, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sunbeam Microwave stopped working suddenly


Here's the overview on fuse blows: If the fuse blows as soon as you plug the oven in the wall, or when you open the door, the problem is likely with the door switches. If the fuse blows as soon as you hit START, then it's likely that you have a shorted high-voltage capacitor. If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit START, then it's likely that you have an overheating / shorting high-voltage transformer. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, troubleshooting info, door switch info, etc. at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Mar 30, 2007 | Sunbeam SBM6500W Microwave Oven

5 Answers

Microwave not works


WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry. DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service. About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing. Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron. Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )

Apr 01, 2006 | Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

191 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...