Question about Computers & Internet
I have made the 3 computer with one wired and 2 wireless connection network .now i am new here with woking with this router .i have adsl line but i cant connect dsl on all 3 computers .what setting should i have't given or what i am doing wrong plz help me ..I AM USING LINKSYS WIRELESS-N ADSL 2 + GATEWAY
Did you run the set up cd? If so, then try to do powercycle. Reboot everything. if your wired connection works then access the set up page by typing 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the PC that is already online. Leave username blank, "admin" (lowercase letters is your password). Click status, if you already have an ip address and Dns then you are good to go. If you dont have then do a mac clone under "set up" then check the password for wireless connection under wireless security. you can use that to log on to the wireless netowrk on your two pcs.
if all of these seems to be confusing, you can call. 18003267114 for manual help.
Posted on Oct 25, 2007
If you are using a LinkSys WRT300N, you may have to:
1. Connect a single PC direct to your modem via a LAN cable;
2. Make sure that you can go online & have internet access on that PC;
3. Insert the CD that came with the WRT300N;
4. Follow the on screen instructions carefully;
5. It will instruct you then when to disconnect the modem and how to connect the LinkSys;
6. You may likewise have to check that the PC is set to auto Obtain IP settings/configuration. Alternatley, you may also use static IP address for the first PC; 192.168.1.2; 255.255.255.0; 192.168.1.1;
7. Connect the two other PCs;
8. For a wireless connection, try first without any security settings (no WEP, WPA or MAC filter).
Hope this be of some idea/help. Pls post back how things turnes up or should you need further information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Oct 21, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Dec 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jan 10, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 12, 2010 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6110 Modem
Jan 24, 2009 | 2wire Wireless-G 802.11g ADSL Gateway
Aug 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Feb 07, 2008 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Cable/DSL...
359 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!