While attempting to update firmware with Toshiba supplied RD-XS34 update disc, Front Panel Display indicated 'WAIT' for 4-5 hours. Unplugged AC and powered back on. Now unit continually displays 'WAIT'. Holding On/Standby button for several seconds only briefly powers off then powers back on with 'WAIT' displayed in Front Panel.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
According to the support page the firmware update fixes the iTunes
issue with “The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error
occurred (2131) when you tried to burn playlist to disc for blank CD-R
media. the region code error for DVD movie playback.
NOTE Please DO NOT USE THIS UPDATE FOR A TOSHIBA LAPTOP the computers
may have the same optical drive but the firmware updates may not be
identical and flashing with the wrong firmware may damage your drive”.
This isn’t just the Toshiba Equium A200 laptop getting an error of
2131, the other notebook’s manufacturers also established the source
of the problem and they have to provide a firmware update to download
and fix this problem. The best thing you can do is wait until Toshiba
provide a firmware update specifically for the TSST TS-L632H version
TO01 drive in your laptop.
Please let me know if you have any fuhrer questions or concerns.
I tried the firmware found on Toshiba Canada website, it doesn't work. I believe the US version of RD-XS52 firmware is not upgradeable. The site said the firmware is for RD-XS52SC. You guys got it to work?
1. The message can appear if the disc has already been finalised.
2. The disc may be faulty.
3. Try copying again from HDD to another disc. Performing a copy and finalise together by using 'DVD Video Creation' from the Edit menu can be more successful than doing each step separately.
4. When you transferred from your video camera, did you use firewire? If so, did you record at the maximum (default) bitrate of 14+ ? If so, you must copy (rate conversion) to the DVD at a maximum bitrate of 9.2, which is the maximum for the DVD playback standard.
3. Insert the CD in your unit. It will auto-install the firmware. Follow onscreen instructions. Takes about 10 minutes total.
After the update, my existing HDD shows are playable again, and I can record and playback from the HDD. I bet it would be a good idea to periodically backup your shows on DVDs, and regularly reformat the HDD.
I updated my firmware from 1413 to 1416 found on avforums. This is for european units. I suggest you also complain to Toshiba Japan as there are known issues with the xs32. We all need a firmware update. See AVforums.
My unit will not recognise RAM discs anymore - even those that I had previously used.
Have you thought of replacing the DVD drive. See AVforums.