Question about Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

I have a Sony KP61V90, deflection board

I have a Sony KP61V90, I am told I need a deflection board but am finding it difficult to come by..........the repairman that looked at it said the closest he could find was someone in Louisiana to rebuild,should I be comfortable with this and is there another solution.IE; replacement?


Posted by on

  • qweet02 May 14, 2009

    I don't know how to find that,I would have to ask repair man unless you can direct me as to how to find it.I was told complete deflection board,Sony calls it deflection Yoke.

  • Michael Masters
    Michael Masters May 11, 2010

    whats the part number on the deflection board?



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Sony Master
  • 1,779 Answers is showing that module available thru PTS modules at a cost of $293.80. I very seldom have to replace a module in that type of set, always repaired to component level.
The original part # A1316-498-A which goes to production Phase III. Hope this helps our fellow tech.

Posted on May 15, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Problem with the RCA D52W20 52 in. Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television. Was told that I need a deflection board for my tv. Where can I find one and how do I know it's the right one?

This Model has 8 different Last # D52w20yx1 ect,What is the complete Model number That is printed on back of TV?

Deflection Board is the Bottom left handside Board,it will the FBT flyback Transfomer on it.
Look up on the front of board for Bad Capacitors CP150 CP114 CP120 if any of these Capacitors are Vented or puffed up on Top then replace all 3 caps,resolder FBT Pinns.
Caps 2200uf 16v, 220uf35v, 330uf 35v.

PTS this company rebuilts boards. 1-800-844-7871
UED 1-800-648-6657

Let me know what the whole Model# is and then I can run it to see what comes up for PN#
It is very inportant to have correct model# RCA made over 37 different deflection boards and (52) SSB boards. If you decide to ship your board make sure you write down the number that is on that board.

Mar 01, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Need deflection board for Hitachi 50UX26B

Please find the deflection board priced 28$ at the following link.

Many regards


Apr 08, 2008 | Hitachi 61SDX01B 61" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

My sony tv modle kp61v90 is blurry , tried to flashrocus but didnot clear

Try checking the solder where the RF (antenna in) connector attaches to PCB.

Found on:

Dec 27, 2010 | Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Sony wega model No. kdp-57ws655 wont pwr on and standby flashes seven times over, and over ?

This is a problem with the D-Board, or deflection board as we call it, there are two Ic's that needs replacing that has failed. They are power controller Ic's on the deflection board.

Dec 23, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-57WS655 57" Rear...

1 Answer

I have a Sony Trinitron KV-32HS500 that won't turn on. It blinks 7 times. I was told it was a power supply problem. What part do I need to fix this?

The Power Supply/ Deflection Board is called the "D" Board. Replacing this Board should fix your problem. You can try to order one from Sony at 1800-222-SONY. If it is not available, you will need to send it to Sony for them to rebuild it. That will cost around $400.00 or so.
I hope this helps,

Nov 14, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-34HS420 34" TV

1 Answer

I have a problem in the vertical deflection circuit on my rca tv model#p61960 chassis#ptk195y06t can you tell me where i can find a replacment board

The deflection board is part of the Main board and is not available---you do have an option---contact PTS Electronics--get a quote from them----they repair/rebuild all kinds of circuit boards---This set was made around 2002 and it is not unusual that boards are not available for it any more---someone in the chat should have known this and told you.

Let me know if you have questions or need any help.


Oct 03, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

My sony standbt light is on. no pitcure

The "D" board has probably failed. Most of those boards are not available from Sony but can be sent to Sony for Refurbishing. The 'D" Board has the Deflection , Protect, and most of the PowerSupply incorporated on it. Most of those Boards are also Double Print/Multi Layered style boards that make it difficult to repair at a component level.
Best thing to do in mt opinion is to call Sony at 100222SONY and see if they can refer a Service Facility to you if you are willing to put 600.00 to 800.00 into it.
Hope this helps,

Jun 22, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36XBR800 36" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

198 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Televison & Video Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74383 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Sony Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides