Hello. I have a Toshiba L305D which I bought without a recovery medium and worse without a Recovery Disk Creator. I downloaded the software from the Toshiba website and installed it but on trying to run it, I got this error "No HDD area. The Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator cannot be launched". Could you please help? Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your laptop has a recovery partition (hidden partition) then you can - Restore Toshiba to Out of the Box Condition If your model Toshiba laptop has a Restore partition on thehard drive then follow these steps to restore your Toshiba to the Out of theBox condition. 1. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power buttononce to switch on your notebook. 2. When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key. 3. When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the systemrecovery. 4. Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next. 5. Select Recover to out-of-box state. 6. Click Next again. 7. Click Next to Start recovery. 8. Restart the Toshiba laptop when there restoration process finishes running.Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to set up the laptop's date, timeand language settings.
1. Power on the computer while pressing the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options. 2. Under Advanced Boot Options, press the Enter key to select Repair Your Computer. 3. System Recovery Options will appear, click Next. 3. Log On as a local user to access the System Recovery Options. 4. Under Chose a Recovery Tool, select Toshiba Recovery Wizard.
Here's the procedure on how to restore the computer back to factory state:
1. Power on the computer while pressing the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.2. Under Advanced Boot Options, press the Enter key to select Repair Your Computer. 3. System Recovery Options will appear, click Next. 3. Log On as a local user to access the System Recovery Options. 4. Under Chose a Recovery Tool, select Toshiba Recovery Wizard.
To access the recovery partition you need to boot up on a DVD with a partition manager on it, then set the hidden partition as "ACTIVE" and un-Active, the existing partition, then remove DVD and reboot, then the laptop will boot from the recovery partition and should autorun start the recovery procedure.
For specific models with different chipset drivers, you can get the sound driver & pretty much everything else on support.toshiba.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, "Tecra, Portege", & sometimes "Qosmio" models came with a built-in HDD recovery, meaning you need to create your recovery disk by running the "Recovery Disk Creator". An application to create your recovery disk. A shortcut is created on the desktop by default, if you cannot find it there, try looking at "C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator" & run the "exe" file, it should give you a menu to create one. After creating the disk, you can use that disc to install the drivers for all Toshiba pre-installed devices/softwares on that machine. For Satellite models, the disc should come with the laptop when you boughtt it. When you have the disc, just insert it inside of windows, it will give you options to install the driver & software for a specific toshiba device.