note I did this for PSP 3000 but insted use the PHAT folder and the eggslpoit.tiff also install hellcat's recovery flasher as with PSP 1000/2000 you only need to do it onece or you can use pandora battery if it's on 5.50+
if it's 5.03 or below you are good to go. if it's below 5.03 update to 5.03 (NOT NETWORK UPDATE) http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1645
download chickHEN: http://downloads.exophase.com/506/chickhen-homebrew-enabler-r2/
download CFW enabler 3.50 (can be higher if you don't want PS1 classics)http://downloads.exophase.com/506/chickhen-homebrew-enabler-r2/
OPTIONAL (to be safe) download the new PSAR dumper (found on same page as CFW enabler 3.50.)
another optional update (recommended) http://pspnews.co.uk/?p=141
1) after downloading the 3-5 files update to 5.03 (skip steps 1-3 if already on 5.03)
2) extract archives, put EBOOT.PBP(X= drive letter) X/PSP/GAME/UPDATE make folder(s) if needed.
3) plug in PSP must be 75%+ and start the update. do not unplug the PSP and on the 3000 you cannot undo the update.
4) in chickHEN put H.BIN on X/ put the chickHEN photos (slim) X/PICTURE/chickHEN
5) in CFW enabler 3.50+or- put the folder containing EBOOT.PBP in X/PSP/GAME
6)(optional) open chickHEN MOD2 and replace slim.tiff onX/PICTURE/chickHEN (improve stability during the use of some hackedfeatures (making fun of s0ny it makes it load more offton)
7) turn on PSP restore defualt settings (better to hold SQURE TRINGEand START, SELECT) change theam to original green (closet green tobottom)
8) goto the chickHEN photo on the PSP scroll to bottom when the first broken egg loads. if it works good if it doesn't try agin)
8.5) OPTIONAL: if you use PSAR dumper follow the instructions and dump it it is recommended to do this before you do step 9.
9) goto CFW 3.50+ or - and press "flash and start" (recommend plugging it in)
10) it will load into CFW environment and dissaper on full restart/ crash/ freeze
you must do steps 8-10 agin but step 9 will be different and you don't need to flash agin.
troubleshooting: if it doesn't load try a different colour i noticed some PSPswork different with different colours. Example: 3 my PSP 3001s usedgreen one liked light blue. do optional step 6 it increases you'rechance of success (and mocks s0ny's anti-hack "stability during the useof some features have been improved" ********). try setting a fullbackground meaning one that fills the whole screen IE: no black otherthan the picture it's self. (this works better for me)
if you have trouble following the steps email me again. also if youbrick it's you're fault but following my tutorial you have a 99.99%chance of bricking (the most dangerous part is accusaly installing theofficial 5.03 update.)